1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breath of Fire IV EBOOT doesn't work on 3.52 M33-4

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by VagrantW, Sep 3, 2007.

1. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

So I upgraded from 3.40 OE-A to 3.52 M33-4 to get over the problems Final Fantasy VII has in OE. But to my suprise, Breath of Fire IV doesn't run on m33. Does anyone know why this is? And/or how to fix this problem? I would hate to have to keep switching between firmwares just to play specific games... Also I've tried it in both 3.52 kernel and 1.50 kernel and it doesn't work on either of them.

Okay, incase this isn't enough info to make a judgement, the game boots up and succesfully passes the PSX screen. The game loads and the Capcom logo appears, but after that it crashes at the title screen. The title music plays fine, but the title screen munu doesn't load. Nor do any commands as I've tried pressing start and nothing happens, so you lose control from there.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to install the popsloader plugin and play it under 3.30 pops.

Download this FILE.

Extract it and drag the seplugins to the root of the MS. If you already have a seplugins go ahead and choose to overwrite all.

ms0:/seplugins

Now go into recovery mode by pressing R shoulder button while turning on the PSP.

Go down to plugins and enable popsloader.prx. Then Exit recovery.

Now boot the PSX game. A pops menu will come up asking you what version to run. Run the 3.30 version for Breath of Fire IV.

Choose Original from flash (3.52) to run your FF VII PSX game.

You will need to choose a popsloader the first time you run a PSX game. After you choose it the PSP will remember what version to play with that PSX game.

If you choose a popsloader version that doesn't work with the game you can hold down the R button when launching the PSX game and the pops menu will come up again for you to try a different version.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  3. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

I tried what you said but it still doesn't work, all it does is shut down my PSP. I have BoF IV in my GAME folder... Is that right? Or should it be in GAME150? I got to the pops screen and set it to 3.30 but it just shut down. Then I resarted and tried again, but it just shut down again. Are you sure you got the settings right for that particular game? Also I used the plugin that came with the M33-4 update, is that sufficiant?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to download the file that I linked and drag that to the root.

The 3.52 M33-4 update doesn't have all the other .prx files needed to run the plugin. It just ads the base of the plugin so you can enable it in the recovery mode.

5. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Ahh, magic! Thank you very much, it's apreciated! I guess that' what I get for being lazy lol...

6. Cyberjonk

Cyberjonk Member

hello guys, I've got breath of fire IV and it doesn't running on my psp 3.52 M33-4. "VagrantW" you have succeed to put your game in your psp, but how? I've encounter the same problem like you (capcom and then the title screen with the music). I try to install popsloader but when I choose 3.30 or other my psp shut down too. I have done that "larrylje" tell but it's always the same thing. (freeze and shut down)
    Please VagrantW, how do you do for running the game?. Thanks a lot (excuse me for words but I'm a beginner in english, I'm french lol ;) ) Bye everyone and good game

7. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Yeah, download the file he posted above. I used the pops loader that came with the M33-4 update and like he said, it doesn't have all the right files. Don't worry, that file he posted is cool, it works. Just download it, extract, copy the folder to the root of your memory card, then enable the pops loader in your plug ins. Now when you select 3.30 it will boot up perfect.

8. Cyberjonk

Cyberjonk Member

Hello, thanks a lot VagrantW for your help and larrylje for your link with pops, I'm very happy breath of fire IV it's a very great game and thank you VagrantW for your fast answer. If i can help you ask it to me. byeeeeee :d

9. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

No problem, enjoy! I have actually never played this game untill now, I loved BoFIII but always gave IV a miss. How are you enjoying it? I'm not too far into it yet, only a couple of hours, but it's good fun. One tip would be to spam /\ with Nina, it comes in very useful for spotting out treasure and dead ends...

10. Cyberjonk

Cyberjonk Member

yep actually I'm playing with BOF III and BOF IV, battles are powerfuls and the summum is transformations and graphics , in bof IV like the third you can become very strong : I love that :d
    Play with BOF IV it's a great game however the game exist in english not french :( lol my favorite games are legend of mana, legend of legaia, grandia, bof III and IV, final fantasy VII and VIII, tales of destiny 2, chrono cross if you don't know some games buy it or them lol and try it, it's just good lol

11. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

We have the same taste in games :)! I have played most of those and enjoyed them thoroughly. FFVIII and Chrono Trigger being my personal favourites...

12. Cyberjonk

Cyberjonk Member

I've not really a favourite game, there is so much lol ;)

13. JackSmith

JackSmith Member

I am having a similar issue as the previous posters, and I checked your link but found it was removed :(. Any chance of a repost? Thanks in advance for any help as this is a bit mind boggling for me heh.

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Sorry about that.

I updated the file with added pops versions.

HERE is the new link.

15. JackSmith

JackSmith Member

No problem at all. Just glad I was lucky enough to get the files from you :). Thanks a ton for the help. ^_^b You sir, are my hero.

16. Mrah

Mrah Member

I turned of the popsloader and the game stopped working. And when I tried to turn it on again and play, the game still wouldn't work. anybody?

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If I understand correctly. You disabled the posploader and the game wouldn't work. So you enabled it and it still wouldn't work?

If you enable it and the popsloader menu isn't coming up try holding down the R shoulder button while starting the PSX game. The popsloader menu should come up.

18. Mrah

Mrah Member

Thx..It seems Cwcheat doesn't work together with popsloader...anyway to fix that?

19. JackSmith

JackSmith Member

Personally I just added the line to the pops.txt in the folder on the memory card like this:

ms0:/seplugins/cwcheatpops.prx
    ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx

Tried it afterwards and it worked like a charm. :)

20. Mrah

Mrah Member

Doesn't work :S..Did it work for you on BOF 4, and what did you enable and disable?