1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brick myth

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by icehawk11, Feb 7, 2007.

1. icehawk11

icehawk11 Member

i heard from one of my friends that if you brick a psp, you should take out the battery for alittle and then put it back in and it should work,
    i dont belive this but i want to know what everyone else has to say

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

There have been incidents that a somehow partly damaged PSP repaired itself within weeks (including my own Wlan) but a brick means the flash is (partly) damaged which means if you don't have a custom firmware or if you have bad luck, you need a new mainboard. There is just no way a completely bricked mainboard repairs itself.

3. johard

johard Member

i formerly have a 2.71 fw and is a ta-802 mobo. downgrade was successful and i updated it to 3.10 oe-a'. everything works fine. actually i wanna know if there is a chance on bricking my psp since i replaced the orig gameboot.pmf to the one i downloaded... pls help? i used the recovery menu, accessed flash0 and replaced gameboot.pmf on the resource folder... pls help me... credits to dark_alex!!! u the man! all the people who contributed on the homebrew community, thanks!

4. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Yes of course there is always a chance of bricking your PSP when flashing it. Also if there was something wrong with the gameboot.pmf it could also brick your psp. But if you have customfirmware and you have the recovery installed on ur psp chances are you can unbrick your psp. Just to be safe with the gameboots i recomend using ones that other people have used and can confirm that they are in fact workign correctly. Hope this helps.

5. johard

johard Member

thanks koolyoe! i have the advent children gameboot downloaded on another forum like ours... it works fine though. about unbricking it, can you tell me more? i have the recovery menu installed, i just want some brief know hows on how unbricking works... pls?

6. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

First off lol i also use advent children gameboot :). 2nd sure i can help you. Ok first off you said you have the recovery installed thats good. But make sure its in X:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY
    where it says Recovery that should be your recover folder with about 5 files in there. so if you ever need to recover all you do is power off our PSP then turn it back ok holding R (the right toggle switch on the top) then it will go to a screen with options there will be an option that says RUn program at X:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY you just click on that and then it will say youre about to flash your PSP blahblahblah and you press X and it reflashes it back to 1.50 :)
    and then ur good to go. Hope this helps. If you need anymore info on nethign let me know i like to help.

7. johard

johard Member

lol advent children gameboot rocks right? hehe... anyway, about the recovery folder, lol, i dont have it... im sorry if i was misinterpreted, i have the recovery menu, i can access the recovery menu... lol... sorry... can u send me the link where i can download the 5 folders needed for unbricking? the recovery folder? thanks man! people like you makes every psp owner feel secured.

8. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Yes and I actaully have the recovery files that i use on my psp right here that I have uploaded here is the link
    http://rapidshare.com/files/14834441/302_OE-A_B___Recovery.rar
    all you do is extract the files and in there you will see a folder called RECOVERY just put that on your memory stick at
    X:\PSP\GAME\

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  9. johard

johard Member

oh im sorry man, 5 files rather! not 5 folders... lol thanks again koolyoe

10. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

HAHA no problem glad to help as always if need help with anything let me know.

11. johard

johard Member

ei koolyoe, i put the recovery folder in ms:/psp/game/ and when i unplugged my usb, i can see a corrupted icon... what do i do? i hid corrupted icons in recovery menu... thanks man

12. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

oh dont worry about that it alwasy will be like that.Its just ur recovery file.

13. johard

johard Member

thanks again! which is better? 3.03 oe-c or mine? the 3.10 oe-a' fw? and also, will the recovery work 100%?