1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brick

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ayamari, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ayamari

ayamari Member

Hello everyone, I’m Ayamari.
    I’ve been the owner of a PSP since July. However, I’ve done the downgrader from my version to 1.50 this fall. Everything has been alright this far… but yesterday has been my “crap day”.
    3.03 OE-C : That’s the version I’ve tried to put on my PSP and to flash it. I’ve been following the guide and my battery has been 100%, my memory card formatted… However, everything has been well until the last part. When the flash writing has been finished, the PSP has shown a different message than the one suggested in the guide (“Press X to shut down. Reboot manually” while the original one is “Reboot manually” alone or something like that). When I’ve rebooted my PSP, the screen has remained black. No sound, no picture, only the green light on for 30 second and it turns off after. I’ve tried to remove the battery for some hours, changing memory cards, and a lot of little tricks like this… But nothing works and I can’t even access the recovery mode. By the way, I can still access to my memory content by an adaptor using a USB cable but I’m sure it won’t change the way that my PSP is booting. I’m looking for solutions and not for “sorry” posts or “joker” comments. I’ve browsed a lot of PSP forums which are like… 300 posts and 20% of them are actually pertinent – so I can’t really find good answers. People mostly approves that this problem means that my PSP is bricked, but well.
    PSP-1001K : That’s my PSP model (or it isn’t that?).
    I need some answers to these questions too.
    1) If I want to exchange my PSP by using the Sony program, how does it work? Or will it work fine? How will the new PSP be? Will they found out? And what they will ask me if I DON’T HAVE THE FREAKING BILL BECAUSE MY FATHER HAS THROWN IT AWAY!?
    2) Mod chip. I know this is a solution… but will it work with my “total brick” problem? And the sundering isn’t hard or it is hard? I’m not really good at this and my mom isn’t either.
    3) Mother board. Not a lot of information on this, but some people says it works, some others says it won’t…
    Thanks.

2. logan19k

logan19k Regular member

welcome to the club mate. same thing happened to me.

3. ayamari

ayamari Member

Seriously? I'm feeling less alone now, haha! What are you planning to do?

4. yohex

yohex Guest

Well, since you don't have the bill/reciept then your gonna have to make sure you have enough information to back up the fact that your psp still owns a warranty, the new psp would most likly be probably used, unless they ran out of refurbished psp then they will give you a brand new one. As far as I know they probably won't ask much, just say you were upgrading like the website told you to and it went off and you don't know why. For the mod chip yes it will work I think based on what I've read, and for the motherboard of course it works, it the point of making sure the motherboard is not bricked already and knowing how to install it, anymore questions?

5. ayamari

ayamari Member

I still have some. I've had a lot of "thinking" about all this mess but about the PSP that Sony will give me back. How will it be? :\ A version that I won't be able to "downgrade" to 1.50? I fear that they will send me a "anti-mods" one... but I think I have enough informations because I still have the boxe, all the papers inside it, and everything is here (I'm really careful with these things XD... but my father has bought it to me and I don't have the bill and he has searched this morning and didn't find it). Will they be able to see that I've tried something on it? Anyway... I'm scared, but well... Will they charge me a minimal fee price IF I don't have the bill? :\

6. yohex

yohex Guest

That I do not know as they as I myslef have not lost the bill for my psp, but I have bricked it before, and its really not possible for them to give you an anti mod psp, since all psps have loop holes and thats why they give firmware updates, to stop the incredible Noobz and DarkAlex from making these downgraders, but as long as the psp you get is 3.03 and less your good to go, try going back to the place you bought it from and see if they remember you and have them print a new bill, might cost you or so, but it won't cost that much most likly.

7. ayamari

ayamari Member

Yeah, the EBGAMES clerk actually asked us at which date we bought it, but my dad only told him "blablabla" so he didn't have any answers and I didn't had the chance of telling him... :\ -__-lll

But I've been hearing that the TA-082 (or something like that) can't be downgraded to 1.50 (because I use the PSP to emule ISOs). And well, thanks for the answer... <3

8. yohex

yohex Guest

Lol, a TA-082 was not downgradable, but that was long ago. Now anything is possible. Ahh, EBgames, I wouldn't trust a shop like that, their inventory are too overpriced, next time you buy electronics, try bestbuy or if you live in canada, future shop.

9. ayamari

ayamari Member

Yeah, I live in Canada (Quebec) so the only shops here for a PSP is Microplay (Videotron), EBgames, Zellers, Walmart. But I wish we would have a Futureshop in my city... :\ Well, I know the prices are high but they have some good deals sometimes. I've had the Tales of Legendia gameguide for 6,99$ CAN, which is really nice. However, we are good clients there... but I don't like it.

10. yohex

yohex Guest

Lol, Ya, Canadians Rule. Your with me man, but I'm Ontario. I sorta trust Wal-mart since there garenteed to give you a brand new psp, and they won't ask questions being the fact that they really don't care.

11. ayamari

ayamari Member

Yeah, Walmart is a nice place to do these things because they are still getting paid. I remember that in Zellers too, my mom has already tricked them with a PS2... :\ (She's a PS2 destroyer, seriously! xD but she did manage to save one...) However, I've had my PSP from EBgames because of a 50$ off deal (special one). I'm going there maybe tomorrow if my dad car hasn't any problems (we have a lot of problems right now or what? :\) and I'm going to ask him about the bill... Going to retry!

By the way, you don't hold any grudge against Quebecers, no? Haha! Some people from Ontario actually runs away when I told them that I'm from Quebec.

12. yohex

yohex Guest

Lol, nah all canadains are cool, if you can speak english, I personally don't care. =D

13. ayamari

ayamari Member

Haha! Yeah, english is a must for everyone... but french is my main language. :\

14. yohex

yohex Guest

Kk, Anywho time for bed, Gonna answer a few more questions then sleep.

15. logan19k

logan19k Regular member

good news for me. heres what i did.
    since i bought the PSP back in January 07 i wen to GAME in in Croydon High Street luckily the manager was in the shop not in the staff room. i went to him coz i know the sales assistant will ask bare questions and they probably know i bricked it. so told the manger this:
    i was playing x-men legends 2 and i was in the middle of a level and the PSP switched off. i fort the battery ran out so i plugged in the charger and turned it on. it was turning on like usual except that the Sony Ent. logo didnt come up and it was black for ages. tried turning it on n off for bare times and it didnt work. he bout the story. asked me what colour i want i sticked with the black one and i am living happily ever after ( this just happened few horus ago)

16. ayamari

ayamari Member

So lucky... Mine has been bought at the beggining of July so... -_-; T_T

17. chineze

chineze Guest

man that suck... my psp c broke off n now they say i cant return it b cuz my dad threw away the reciept

18. ayamari

ayamari Member

Too bad... Mine has retrieved it last week... but is there any options for you? Can't you go to the store?

19. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

modernized countries such as US and Japan doesn't require the receipt. just remember the exact date when you bought it and they'll just check it in their database. then they will just see if it matches the serial number w/ that of your psp.

you've got another option too:
    All you gotta do is just fill up the warranty form and have it shipped back to sony or any sony service center. if they take no action, tell them that you'll take legal action and they will be afraid(sony cares a lot for its reputation).

canada huh? i heard that there a lot of beautiful women there. mostly frenchie. hehehe :D