1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bricked after E3 Flash

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by dpj13, Jun 6, 2013.

1. dpj13

dpj13 Member

I have a slim CECH2501a

I installed the E3 flasher limited correctly for the third time. I was able to update and back up my nor dump. I flashed the e3_downgrade bin turned off the system unplugged the power cable plugged it back in, put the e3 card reader in the second usb slot....however i didnt put the e3 card reader file on it.... so when i started the ps3 by pressing power and eject, it shut down after two seconds. Now when i try to start it it shuts down after 2 seconds. Can i fix this? Is that what i saved the backup dump for? Please help

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you doing it all wrong friend... did you verify the nor dump?... was it 16,777,216 bytes? did you check it with hex editor to see if its byte reversed?... a better way to do all this is just
    1.dump the nor
    2.check it
    3.patch with one of the many tools out there
    4.flash it back...
    5.install cfw

here try this one this will try to validate the dump put the dump file along with the exe it will check it and inform you if its good or not http://betterwayelectronics.com/files/BwE NOR Statistics v1.4.exe if all turns out ok... use this one http://www.sendspace.com/file/betu6d to patch the bump and flash it back... then just install rogero 4.40 and you're done :3 no need for downgrade....

if you're not using the esata cradle... its important that you remove the flasher after flashing and insert the hdd back before installing the cfw 4.40.... btw if all goes well and the flasher does its job the ps3 should power on and tell you to insert controller to usb cable or missing hdd...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013