1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRICKED MY SLIM 3.71!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Shinraboy, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Ok. For chrismas morning I got a SLIM vader psp that was 3.71. I already had a silver that was 3.60 and installed M33.

So I tried installing custom firmware as I did on the 3.60, it didn't work. So then I tried the Universal Unbricker V3. I installed 3.71M33. Then, when I put in my normal slim battery to start it up it froze at the wave effect and then just shut off.

I returned the bricked psp.

MY QUESTION

HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE A SLIM PSP WITH 3.71 ALREADY INSTALLED?!?!?!?!?!?

I HAVE A FAT PSP, A PANDORA BATTERY AND A MAGIC MEMORYSTICK

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

THAT WASN'T A BRICK! If you had done some research or simply had made a thread here... I could've seen it (So could ever helpful person around here) and told you what to do! Well do what you did before (Install the CFW!) then follow what I say below:

After you install it, turn off your psp and turn back on holding the R Trigger. You will enter recovery mode and then you need to go to Configuration. Now find something that says Format Flash1 and reset all settings and press X. Your psp will reboot and you'll feel stupid xD im joking :p But seriously... you didn't have to go through the trouble of returning it!

In case you didn't get it since I didn't focus too much on that part.. the procedure for installing the CFW for 3.71 is the same as 3.60!

3. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

I feel REALLY stupid but really good. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now I can just buy another. Thanks man. :)

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

No problem.. if you can, I would go for your old PSP :) Or you can be haunted knowing what could've been! =| Lol just kidding.. but it is nice knowing 'thats the psp I legitimately got for Xmas' :p

5. drakex

drakex Regular member

Just make sure to use pandora again and leave it at 3.71 we dont want sony to have Custom Firmware on those! XD

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why would it matter if Sony got 1 returned with custom firmware on it?

It isn't like they couldn't get the custom firmware themselves and install it to a PSP.

Make sure when you create the Universal Unbricker you don't have a custom theme (flash0 or PTF) installed to the PSP that is creating it. If you do have a custom theme installed to it then install the original XMB to it before creating the stick.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  7. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Thanks for all your help :) I'm going out today to get a new one :)

8. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Hi, I just bought a Japanese PSP with 3.71 already installed. Bear in mind it's japanese firmware with the 1seg tv option. Is the method still the same?

9. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

yes, still the same, but you will lose the 1seg tuner since the firmware is american.

10. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

Does this always have to be done whenever you upgrade to custom firmware using the pandora battery or only if the XMB freezes? Because I didn't have to do it when I used the pandora battery to get my PSP Slim to 3.60 M33 when it first came out (the old blind installation). Do you have to do this on both Fat and Slim or is it only required on Slim? Does it have to be done on 3.71 M33 and 3.80 M33 too?

I have a Japanese PSP Slim and I used the firmware everyone uses from qj.net and psphacks (American/English ones) and I haven't lost the 1seg tv option...it's still there.