1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bricked psp??? Need Major Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by danman91, Mar 5, 2007.

1. danman91

danman91 Member

Hi all. i have a huge dilemma. my friend had given me his psp so i could downgrade it from 2.80 to 1.5 then back to 3.10 oe-a. the problem is when trying do downgrade from 2.80 to 1.5 something went wrong and now all that comes on when i hit the power button is the green light for about 5 seconds then it shuts off entirely. did i brick my friends psp? if so how could i replace it for a resonable cost? Help would be appreciated.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

u completely bricked it...ur cheapest option of fixing it is buying a new motherboard (80+ dollars)

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Hopefully next time you try modding a friends PSP you have them sign a waiver stating you are not held responsible if the flash goes bad.

At least that is what I have done in the past when flashing someone else's PSP Lucky for them it has never went wrong.

Even tho I thought I had a close call when I downgraded and upgraded my Sons PSP. When I booted up the power light came on but the screen didn't come on. I finely hit the button to make the screen brighter and it came on. Talk about heart jumping.

It might be possible to buy a Modchip and try to recover it. I haven't looked into Modchips so i duno whats out there that might help you.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  4. danman91

danman91 Member

Yea probably should have done that. hes not too mad though. I think my best bet is to maybe sell to hexitnow. anyone else have any other suggestions?? maybe a working mobo that i can buy??

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try looking into a Modchip. Below is a link to a Modchip for the PSP it says it can restore a bricked PSP. Look into it. Maybe you could afford it and recover it. Then keep it on hand in case it ever happens again. I don't think the Modchip is compatible with every PSP version so I would look into it more and make sure it is compatible.

http://www.mod-chip.com/index-cart-us.php?go=en/psp_undiluted_platinum_modchip.php

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  6. danman91

danman91 Member

Im thinking i can afford the UP mod chip. has anyone actually installed it cuz im just wondering how small exactly are these contacts? im a decent solderer nd i just wana kno how small my tip nd solder has to be. so ill be successful.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have no idea how small the contacts are. If you order it make sure you check what mother board the PSP is and if it is compatible with the chip. Theres a compatibility section on the link above that gives you more information.

8. danman91

danman91 Member

yea i know that i have the right motherboard because it will support up to a ta-081 so it will work. im just concerned because i dont want to mess up from soldering something wrong

9. logan19k

logan19k Regular member

hi guys. i had a psp working fine with custom icons but i wanted the old ones back so i downloaded the orignal flash0 and flash1 for 3.03 oec and now my psp doesnt turn on but u can go to the recovery menu by u know how. can any one help.

10. danman91

danman91 Member

Im going to buy the undiluted platinum mod chip tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone would know how to unbrick the psp using that. i have heard of the epsilon bios coming out but the posts i have looked at seem to be out of date and i was wondering if that has come out yet and how i would go about reflashing everything to "give life" to the psp again

11. kakhuis

kakhuis Member

Hi all.
    I have an psp with fw 3.03 and a ta o82 motherboard. I got this 303EasyDown program from psp-hack.com, which say that I can downgrade to fw 1.50 even with my TA-082. I Followed these steps:

All files have been placed in the proper locations for you.

Please read all the directions for its use CAREFULLY!

****YOU MUST HAVE A ~UNPATCHED~ GTA VCS TO USE THIS!****
    ****MEANING IT HAS THE 2.0 UPDATE ON THE UMD AND NOT 2.60****

1. Load GTA LCS

2. It should get to loading save game, then the screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself (if this does not happen see section below)

3. Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to "System Information" and it should show up as system version 303 HEN

4. If it is showing up as HEN then go to the memory stick and run the x.yz update

5. If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed without patching, if your motherboard requires it.

6. Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).

7. Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP, or try and restart it

8. Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself

9. If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press x to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the settings for network connections into your PSP, otherwise go to step 11.

10 Load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select to restore, this will take the backup that was done of the network config that was done automatically during the downgrade.

11 - All done now :) Hopefully you now have a 1.50 PSP. Enjoy it responsibly.

I got to no 2 and the black screen just stayed.
    I then reset and nothing happens.
    Have I bricked my psp or can you help me recover it in the recovery menu ?

Any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated
    Thank you

12. staxx

staxx Regular member

I believe the Devolution mod-chip is newer (not sure if it has another flash0)... http://psp-devolution.com/ Anyways not sure if its available yet but at the bottom of that page is an email, try contacting them.

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@kakhuis

Have you tried to hit the screen brighten button? After I downgraded my son's PSP and turned it on the power light came on but the screen stayed black and didn't turn on. I then hit the button that changes the brightness of the screen and it finely came on. Try pressing that to see if the screen will come to life.

In case you do not know where that is at it is to the left of the music symbol button which is next to the select ans start button's.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  14. kakhuis

kakhuis Member

to Larryle

Thank for your input. I managed to bring my semi-bricked PSP back to life using the recovery tool. All I need to do is download the RECOVERY.rar file which should be extracted into the PSP\GAME\RECOVERY folder. The rar contains all the files to enable you to restore back to 1.50.

15. danman91

danman91 Member

Ive checked on websites about psp Devolution and it doesnt seem like its out yet and when it does come out will only be in europe. Im pressed for time alittle bit and i was wondering if anyone knows will it be worth the wait or will the undiluted platinum give me the same results. im alittle worried about the installation of UP but if im careful i can pull it off. Does anyone know how the installation of Devolution will be? Supposedly its easier, but how much easier?