1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bricked psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Gecko33, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Gecko33

Gecko33 Guest

if you have a bricked psp you are basicly screwed. the sony company has made this happen on purpose to get more peoples psps to break so they have to buy new one. this has happend to so many people it has a name "Bricking." the sony company could have easily fixed this but were greedy @%!$@# and decided to keep it the way it was and not give out a disk to re-boot the psp. while i was uploading for a game i had just bought for 40 dollars and had been searching for for a while, the power cord acidentaly became unplugged and then the psp basicly commits its own version of suicide and the whole entire system stops working after paying 180 for the system 40 for the game and other games, 10 for he usb connector, and 15 for the memory card and 5 for the screen protectors, then the sony company thinks it would be a good idea for you to spend 90 dollars for you to get a refurbished one from them. i have to say i am a little more than pissed of at sony, the company knew this would happen, one small mistake and your 300 dollars is passed on to sony.

2. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

we know about all of this already

why dont u just use pandora to unbrick your psp

3. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

Yeah just unbrick it, Sony has a right to screw your psp up. technically we are hacking it and hacking it is illegal. So if we download games and not buy games then they have a right to screw it up 'in a way' if you see it from their point of view. I don't say I approve of what they do its just don't winge when it happens to you.

4. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

yup i agree

5. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Nah, $ony doesn't have the right to screw up our PSP's.Think about it.

PSP = Cash

Screwed PSP = Wasted Cash.

We ain't gonna pay so much cash for a screwed PSP...Right?

Once we pay the cash, the PSP is OURS. :p

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  6. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

i think that unbricking a psp is a moutain of a job, it is confusing. thank god i have never bricked my psp or i would never know what to do probably have to chuck my psp away :)

7. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Creating the Pandora could be confusing at times.But when doing the actual unbricking, it is so easy.Load up the Pandora menu, press X. Done :)

8. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

do you know when you unbrick a psp dont you need a spare battery and memory card or something like that??

9. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Yeah. Seems like you're new to the unbricking/downgrading scene :p

10. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

lol yh i know, i told my mate to downgrade my psp. i can do all the simple stuff like upgrading firmware a little stuff like that. if i ever brick my psp im dead then :0

11. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

since ur running a CFW why dont u use this guide here for making a pandora with CFW

Pandora For Custom Firmware

12. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

Pandora's the best option

13. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Why do all that if you can just run this homebrew on a custom firmware and it will make the partition of the memory stick for you and also make the pandora battery all in one

Pandora Using a Custome Firmware

14. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Use http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/573328 that way you dont need an extra MS or battery. I've been using it for a while and it works perfect.

As for the original poster, its your own fault if the power cord came unplugged when you were upgrading. If you were upgrading ANYTHING on any device that involves FLASH theres always a chance of bricking. Even if its a PC BIOS, a power failure will completely "brick" your PC.
    One of the few exceptions to that rule is the PS3 which is meant to be damn near impossible to brick, no matter when you cut the power.

15. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

if there another way to unbrick your psp without out getting a new psp battery and memory card something like that

16. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

yes!!! just use this guide HERE!!! since your already using a custom firmware