1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bricked Samsung 360 Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kelsirose, Mar 14, 2007.

1. kelsirose

kelsirose Member

A guy I work with bricked his Samsung 360 drive by not reading-over anxious newby. He has no keys any fix for this, I am guessing not but just thought I would ask. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

He didn't get an orig.bin file before he tried to flash? I thought you NEEDED a orig.bin file to even make your firmware.. Unless he just straight out LUCKED up without reading and didn't have to hexedit the mtkflash file.

More info would help. What method did he try to flash with? What drive is it... Alot more info is needed.

3. kelsirose

kelsirose Member

I think he just ran mtkflash and he is a real doofus he say that there is no orig.bat

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

its orig.bin and he HAS to have it, there is no way, you have to put your key into the hacked firmware...

5. kelsirose

kelsirose Member

I guess I will have to go to his house and try to find it on his pc, I have a hitachi and never had any trouble but I read and read and read somemore beofre I even cracked my unit open. Thanks for the help-If I can find the orig.bat is it just fried KFC style or what?

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

it will be on the usb drive he used to flash it with and without it there is nothing you can do, take it to walmart and try to exchange it...

7. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Well this person sounds like he didn't know what he was doing and should've did more research. Also, if he did the proper research he would've read every where that almost all guides and forums say "BACKUP THE ORIG.BIN". I find it crazy that this person you speak of doesn't have the hacked firmware with the inserted key or the original. Cheak the floppy or USB that was used when it was flashed clearly he didn't imediately delete the files once he seen that he killed the drive...I mean it's silly to dive into these types of things if you don't have common sense to backup such an important file.