1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bricked Wii Fix?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Wilk0, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Wilk0

Wilk0 Member

Hi everyone,

Im an unfortunate soul that has bricked the wii due to putting in Super Paper Mario (Modded PAL Wii - NTSC SPM) not knowing about the warning.

All i seem to see though when i look for help is people talking about the problem.

Isnt there anyone who knows how this can be fixed? Can anyone shed some light on this by explaining what can be done or how long we have to wait? Or do i just give up hope now and buy a new wii?

Rgds
    Lawrie

2. Wilk0

Wilk0 Member

Will someone reply please...

has no one heard anything?

3. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

Hey sorry to hear about your wii. I dont have a wii my self but if you can give a detailed description of what you did and what error you got i can also do some googling for you to find a fix ?

4. Wilk0

Wilk0 Member

Thanks Dodge but i've also googled for 2 days now...

Basically it's a well known mistake and there's been warnings about it.

If u put NTSC Super Paper Mario in any PAL Wii (modded), which isnt connected to the internet - The game then tries to update the Wii - however, if you havent got 2.1E firmware or above - the game updates with an NTSC patch and bricks your Wii.

So now everyone talks about it - but there doesnt seem to be a fix. You can see the discussions on this forum.

I just want to know if anyone else knows someone who might be working on a fix or something...

5. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

I've not heard of any such fix... hell truthfully, I dont even see how one would go about fixing it... if the wii wont do anything, how could someone update it properly to fix it.

6. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

i havent heard any recent news about a bricked wii being fixed and hadnt had the experience of seeing a bricked console yet so if you would please tell me waht happened?? (not how you bricked it but what happens after you bricked it.. like were you able to turn it on or not? and all those..)

7. hotchef

hotchef Member

how do you find out which firmware your wii has,

i have just got this game but not loaded it yet.

still a little scared?

thanks

chef

8. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

go to your settings first page top right corner itll tell you which firmware version you got

9. kito76

kito76 Member

Have the same problem...are very sad now. Everytime i start my Wii, the page xxxxx site is not availeble. Check internet conection... and two link for help opera which i cant click on. What should i do?? Put my Wii in garbage? Hope someone could help