1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bridging a connection

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yt72, Mar 4, 2007.

1. yt72

yt72 Guest

ok so i dont want to go out and get a 120$ wireless internet adaptor for my 360. so with that how can i brige the conection i get with my lap top is it just like ftping over to the 360 by changing my tcp/ip on my lap and then changing the settings on the 360 and just brige the conection im using xp... thanks

2. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Ok, here's the easiest way to do it ... buy a bridge ($90 Linksys from Dell.com). Connect to 360. Done.

Other way: buy cheap Linksys router, look for hack to turn it into a bridge. Connect to 360. Done.

you can do internet sharing from your laptop, but with the time you'll spend getting it setup, you could have already been up and running with a bridge.

Other method - look for a bridge on eBay. Connect to 360. Done.

3. yt72

yt72 Guest

lol thank you BryanNH_3 but i should of also mentiond im cheap so no buying stuff because i want to play right away but thank you for your time and if you know of a free way to do it it would be greatly apreacheated thank you

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Sorry but that sounds to me like this : "I don't want to spend anything, I want you to research it and tell me how to get it to work RIGHT NOW, and thanks."

5. yt72

yt72 Guest

lol o man wow i have been reserchin and isent this a fourm lol well anyways im not asking anone that dosent know how to do this to tell me how to do it im just asking for the curdisy of people lol if i know anyting i help the people out so PS2Menace why dont you go help some one at some other fourm because personaly i dont see you helping anyone when i search your name but hey stay up man youll help some one one day

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I haven't helped anyone on these forums? LOL
    Your research skills are shit then.

7. GCFANATIC

GCFANATIC Member

wireless is going to cost you money.

the cheapest and the easiest way is to split your connection into a router, buy however much cable you need to reach your 360, feed the cable around door frames, under carpets, through ceilings, through garages round and round the house we go and then into your 360

OR PAY FOR TECHNOLOGY

stop being a tight wad buy a used wireless bridge off ebay, it allways amazes me that some people want everything for nothing, i bet you know the price of everything and yet the value of nothing.

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

all you have to do is plug your ethernet cord into your laptop and go to network connections and enable network sharing and then bridge the two networks together

9. yt72

yt72 Guest

lmao i know the price for everything and the vale of nothing well I DONT PAY FOR ANYTHING maby you know nothing about tecnology and mikeismad i did that already but it dosent work i heard that thres a program called wingate or somthing like that ill post if i find out more becasue i dont even pay for my internet i steal it just like everything elce off the internet so i know the value of everything and just because you can quote smarter people then you GCFANATIC dosent make you smart at all """QUOTE ok so i dont want to go out and get a 120$ END QUOTE"""" ahhhh i love how you all can read

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

dude, you dont need to talk to people like that, especially ps2 menace, he has been here a lot longer than you and he has helped tons of people, and do some research before posting, you can find tutorials every where. im looking a great tut right now on it, just search

11. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

If ICS from Windows is not working, then your only options are as follows:

1) Use a long ethernet cable from your router to the xBox
    a) If you only have a router and its comcast, when you plug the xbox into it, you have to power cycle the modem for it to work ($10 - $30 depending on the length of the cable if you go retail, much cheaper on the web)
    b) if you have a router, then you just plug into it
    2) If you have wireless in your house, buy a USB based wifi card and use that (probably $30 - $20 on ebay)
    3) Buy a Bridge to connect to your wifi and send it to the xbox thru a cable (more $$ than the USB wifi ... $100 retail, probably $50 or less on ebay)
    4) If you don't want to buy a bridge, you can get a linksys 54g wifi router and find the firmware hack that will turn it into a bridge ($40 or less on ebay)

So, if ICS is not sharing, I can gaurantee you won't spend more then $50 MAX to get it going ... and it'll work ... and you won't have to depend on connecting your laptop for it.

Suck it up and spend the mere pennies to get it going the right way.

Wifi Hardware, less than $50
    Advice for the right way to do it, $40 a month for the internet
    Watching a n00b not listen and waste time after getting good advice?
    Priceless!!

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

haha, yep, you should listen, or maybe do some more research if you dont like what people tell you

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yt72, lightning struck!!!!