1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bright Green Subtitles using DVD Decrypter and IfoEdit.exe

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Manu_DVD, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Hi, I wonder if anyone has some advice on where i am having problems.
    First off, When I backup a DVD I use DVD Decrypter IFO mode as I want only the movie, I use Stream Processing to remove Languages other than english - most of the time this is enough to fit the Movie (Without re-coding) onto a single DVD-R.

The next bit i use IfoEdit Ver 0.96, This creates new VTS_01_0.IFO Files from the freshly ripped Vobs (Ie. Chapter info etc.) All works like a charm except that the Subtitles (That I included during Stream Processing selection) appear on screen in unreadable bright green. Obviously IfoEdit is causing this - Why?

To finish, When ripping in info mode with DVD Dec..to the hard disk, is there any easier method other than resorting to IfoEdit? Ripping the Original VTS_01_0.IFO Files prove fruitless as the vobs won't play in sequence, could it be as easy as renaming the VTS_01_0.IFO and VIDEO_TS.IFO Files?

Any Help appreciated!

Thx

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

A solution for the "green subtitles effect" can be found in this thread (start reading approx 4 posts from bottom of first page):
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/76553

Alternatively, DVDShrink in the re-author mode can do all that you require straight from the original DVD.

Have Fun..

3. andydev

andydev Member

I can't add nothing to that thread since I'm a 'newbie' :) .

Well, I converted a Xvid movie I had to mpeg2, I have a idx/sub file with subtitles which I converted to SUP files using SubToSup.

When I author the movie using IfoEdit, everything plays OK on the dvd, but the subtitles are all in green.

Since I don't have the original DVD, the thread posted above does not help me.

Anyone knows what can be done?

Regards,

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Yeah,

If you read the thread, it was pointed out that the original IFO file was not needed as ANY original would do.

Just take the colour info from VTS_01_0.IFO from any original DVD, it will not need cracking.

If the result is not to your liking, use a different VTS_01_0.IFO from a different DVD - there are not that many combinations out there.

Hope this helps...

5. andydev

andydev Member

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I didn't understood that it will work with any original DVD, so I will keep on my HD one DVD which has the colors I want :) .

Is it possible to do it without any DVD? to somehow do it manually?

6. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Hey drchips!

If your not too busy I would appreciate it if you could help me out with a Similar problem that you fixed for another person. I have read the article and still have a problem. It's the green subtitles..I want them obviously white so I can read them.

Anyway, I get to where the colour map is on the ifo (that is the one that ifoedit created) and all values are zero. I don't have the original ifo, so have tried copying the values from another dvd. I am having problems simply pasting in new values, ifoedit 0.96 crashes alot when I try to input new values instead of zeros, My question is what am I doing wrong and if possible is there a program other than ifoedit that can edit ifos abit easier? Thx
    [​IMG]

7. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

When you say you are pasting in new values, are you using the "Subtitle Color" -> "Paste Colors into this PGC" function?

Or are you trying to enter the figures manually?

8. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Hey Thx for such a fast reply!

Actually the answer is yes, I was trying to input manually! I have copied and pasted the colour from another DVD into the info using the Subtitle colour menu (Silly me :< Now I feel embarresed).

The Subtitles are now white and readable but there are traces of the bright green on them although minor (Cause I read them) I would like green totally removed. Should I try with another DVD?

Thx

9. drchips

drchips Active member

Yes, just keep trying different DVDs until you get one you like..

Have Fun...