1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadcast Quality?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by KhunShane, Nov 11, 2004.

1. KhunShane

KhunShane Member

Im interested in doing some TV broadcast quality documentaries and wondered if a Canon Xl1s is good enough for this purpose? Im currently using a Canon XM2 which I dont think is good enough fo rthis type of work. Does anyone have any suggestions on this subject?

2. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

yea, canon xl1's are very nice quality, i dont have one but i have seen video from them and they are superb and i think they record on 1080i or HD quality so i think they will be great for broadcast.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  3. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

i talked to my friend who has a XL1, he uses it all the time for lots of video and it is the best broadcast camera under 10,000 and it has great audio and video playback.

4. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

well XL1s or XM1 OR XM2 all are good , but i like XM1 much becuase it hold LCD,all xl1s features can be behind if u will edit the video after you finsih shooting it...thats my view.

5. ZombyHero

ZombyHero Member

the XL1 is a very nice camera, but not nice enough to record 1080i. It is SD NTSC 720x480. Might want to check out the XL2, which is very new, and still pricey. but it has a buttload of features, including 24p.