1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Blu Ray Latch on Motherboard

Discussion in 'PS3' started by stevelege, Oct 7, 2011.

1. stevelege

stevelege Regular member

I bought a YLOD PS3 that I have managed to get running again, however the blu ray drive latch on the motherboard is snapped on the top half. I have tried inserting it and taping it down but to no avail, it gets power so I am confident all is not lost, it just seems the data section of it is not working. Does anyone have a work around fix for this?

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If it's not working but gets power it doesn't have to be a bad connection neccessarily. Most YLOD PS3s you can buy used have been tempered with and for some reason it seems to be cool to switch drives between consoles without changing the drive boards on these drives. Don't ask me why. Missmatch of drive key and mainboard key. But you would get exactly the same result as you have, a drive that gets power and even lights up the blue status LED on the PS3, but no reactions from it at all when it comes to playing any disk.

3. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Before you go through all that, get a friend to come over and hold the cable in place while you start the system. It is possible that you just didn't tape it down strong enough.