1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken disk drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by grrlfan, Dec 11, 2007.

1. grrlfan

grrlfan Member

Forgive me if this has already been addressed in another thread. I looked around, but didn't see anything.
    I'm trying to find some info on getting my son's xbox 360 repaired. He broke the disk drive (it looks like the gears are broken and the drawer comes completely out) and then my brilliant husband broke the seal trying to repair it.
    I tried the local computer repair shops, but they don't work on them.

Is there anywhere to get this repaired?

2. clouser

clouser Guest

if there is a play and trade game store in your area they work on game consoles

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  3. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

you can also try to fix it yourself. there are videos on youtube that show you how to open the xbox 360. then you just simply extract the drive key, replace with the new drive, and then flash the drive key onto the new drive. just make sure that you buy a replacement drive that is the exact same model and ROM version

4. grrlfan

grrlfan Member

We have Game Stope and EB Games I think- is that the kind of place you mean? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, lol.

5. clouser

clouser Guest

the stores called play n trade i spelled it wrong lol
    what state are you in ill post the contact info for your state or the closest 1 too you and you can call and ask for repair service.
    oops heres the web site my bad lol
    http://playntrade.com/community/location.asp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007