1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BROKEN DVD ROM DRIVE!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by philg2797, Aug 15, 2007.

1. philg2797

philg2797 Member

i broke my samsung ms25 dvd rom drive and now it wont work with my xbox, plus it cant be seen on my PC, so i cant get the key. i want to buy another dvd rom drive but i dont have a key to marry the new drive. and no it is not flashed so i dont have a backup anywhere. the only firmware i have of it is on it, and i cant access it. i broke the place where u connect the other cable to the 360 to power it (not the SATA). so since i cant power it, is there anyway i could power it differently or marry a new drive to my 360? plzz help.
    thanks

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The only way to get the key is from the drive. It sounds like that could be repaired by the right person. How did you break it anyway?

3. philg2797

philg2797 Member

i shoved the sata cord into the wrong port on the 360 drive

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Are pins all still intact and attached? Maybe the could be straighted out. Otherwise the whole thing and can desoldered and reattached. Anyway, now you know never jam or shoved delicate computer parts. They aren't made to be manhandled.

5. philg2797

philg2797 Member

haha ill say. im sending it into microsoft to replace the drive

6. philg2797

philg2797 Member

sorry for the double post. but where do i send my xbox 360 to microsoft and what do i send? i paid for a repair at service.xbox.com and it didnt tell me what to send and where to send it