1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by warblood, Apr 21, 2004.

1. warblood

warblood Member

I seriously need to get answer to this.
    My PS2 could read CDs but not DVDs. I was getting DRE on my 30001v4 ps2, so I tried adjusting laser, and cleaning laser. It didn't work, so I did voltage adjustment and my PS2 does not read any disks at all. When I put in my CD/DVDs, it just shows "Reading" and it blinks three times, and nothing happens.
    I send it to PS2 fixing shop and they said its the laser problem and it will cost $100 to fix it.
    Well the brand new one is $180, so I was gonna get a new one.
    I looked through Ebay, and I found a PS2 laser that costs about $30. But when I get this laser, is my PS2 going to be fixed? If not, I will get a new PS2 tomorrow.
    Thanks

2. modsRus

modsRus Member

Edited for content.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

if the ps2 fixing shop says it is the laser then the laser should fix it. When you say "voltage adjust" do you mean changing the pots? 'cause if you did that then you'd probably have to change the pots back to their original position or need to adjust them to get the new laser to read the discs properly.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  4. xPyrOx

xPyrOx Member

You might want to call sony about this issue, my friend had the same problem and he said they fixed it for free. However you could buy a new ps2

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

ModsRus. Do not do that again. You where warned once before and I am in a good mood right now. One more instance and I will ban you no questions asked.

6. warblood

warblood Member

But I already opened my PS2, so I think Sony won'y fix it for me. And I bought my PS2 when it first came out, so its been 3 years now. Warranty is abuot an year or 2 years, so warranty is expired already.
    And WEStar, I meant pots for voltage adjustment. What should I do if I don't remember my original spot?

7. modsRus

modsRus Member

u gotta mark the original position of pots with "white out". Then you can experiment with different positions. Never try changing without makring the originals position.