1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Psp lcd

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by efo92, Dec 31, 2007.

1. efo92

efo92 Member

Hi ppl, I just broke my psp lcd screen today by accidentally dropping it, and I've watched several tutorials on how to fix it yourself. It seems very hard and requires some good skills with your hands to do. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone in Montreal that could fix a psp LCD screen for me. I don't wanna take a chance on breaking the new lcd screen I'm about to buy. Thanks.

2. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

you must open the psp try this

U must buy a lcd screen and replace it with the broken one.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It actually isn't hard to change the screen.

I did it on a few PSP's. I would also recommend just buying the screen with the backlight included. It is only $2 to $3 more and you can skip the part of installing the new LCD on the old backlight.

Theres only 7 screws to take off the face plate then all you do is pry the button bar off the bottom of the LCD (I would just keep the button bar ribbon connected) then pry the LCD screen up and undo the 2 ribbon cables. 1 is to the LCD screen and 1 is to the Backlight. Then connect the 2 ribbon cables back with the new Backlight/LCD. Now push the screen back in place and place the button bar at the bottom of the LCD again. Then add the faceplate and screw back together.

HERE is a video of how to take the LCD off. This is a full video of taking the PSP completely apart so you only need to watch up to where they pry the screen up and undo the ribbon cables to the LCD and backlight.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  4. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

5. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member