1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken screen cables

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by aj2thenba, Apr 18, 2007.

1. aj2thenba

aj2thenba Guest

I have destroyed my screen cables while trying to replace the LCD screen. Please help, can someone tell me what I should do?

2. isbreen

isbreen Regular member

Buy a new Screen, about £25 from ebay.

3. aj2thenba

aj2thenba Guest

I don't think you understand, the screen is fine. The screen cables is what is attached to the motherboard that I'm trying to attach to. It has the gold prongs.

4. isbreen

isbreen Regular member

I sure one of us doesn't understand ! The LCD screen cables are permanently attached to the screen and are removable from the motherboard by means of ribbon cable connectors. The connectors have a small tab on them that you lift to release the cable. You then buy a new LCD screen and look for a guide/tutorial on replacing it. If you mean you have jacked the connectors then if the prongs are not broken you could try soldering them, if you have never soldered before... look for a guide on that too :) have fun ;)

5. aj2thenba

aj2thenba Guest

Exactly, the prongs are broken. Looks to me like I need to get a new prongs to the connectors are broken.

6. aj2thenba

aj2thenba Guest

7. isbreen

isbreen Regular member