1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brown out = red ring questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by swarmpack, Dec 11, 2007.

1. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

this just happened like an hour ago i was watching a video on my 360 and all the power in my house went out then on real quick like a second or two.and when my 360 rebooted it had the red ring of death. so i shut it off and turned it back on and it was fine.so is it to be expected that this would happen in this situation or should i get ready to order a coffin from microsoft. thanks for your help/reading.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Thats normal dont worry about it, when there is not a good supply of current getting to the 360 it gives you 3 red lights, so the quick on and off caused it to turn off, then the current fired back in, causing it to display 3 red lights, if you checked the error code at this stage it would have most likely been 0001, has happened to me before, and if you power your 360 up, and turn the main power off for a split second and then back on, you get the same thing, dont try it though, I realised this happens after the wire plugged into the power brick slightly came loose, and when I moved it, the 360 went off, and then quickly came on again display 3rl. ;)