1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bucking up games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bball44, Feb 9, 2005.

1. bball44

bball44 Member

i have the swap magic boot disks for my ps2,but i cant backup my games.they just wont play.why is this???help i cant aford 2keep going out and buying new games coz my old ones get scratched so annoyin+there so expensive to buy.someone please help me

2. bball44

bball44 Member

is there any free software that you can downoad so that you can back up your games???

3. sublimez

sublimez Guest

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes DVD Decrypter is free, do a search of these forums and i'm sure you will find a link or go to the DVD Decrypter homw page by searching on a search engine. It is very easy to use too.

Just stick your original in your DVD burner
    Open up DVD decrypter and go to mode
    select ISO Read and wait for it to recognize the disc, you will know when it is done there is a picture of a disc and an arrow that will light up so you can press it.
    When it lights up, click on the picture of the file that says destination an choose where you want to save it.
    then press the disc/arrow button that is lit up and let it do it's thing, should only take about 10-15 minutes.
    then take out that disc and stick in a blank one
    Choose mode again and select ISO write
    Then click on the picture of the file towards the top and select the MDS (not ISO) file that it made, it will make both an MDS and an ISO file.
    It should now show in the box beside the file what you are about to burn now. Select speed of 1X, yes i know this is the slowest setting but it will give you the best quality.
    then click on the disc/arrow button again and let it burn.

If it doesn't work after that then i am not sure what to do. It could be many things.
    It could be that the PS2 you have doesn't like the discs you are burning on, or the type you are using (+R or -R) I use Phillips 8X -R media and my PS2 has no problems with it. My friend uses -R too, i think memorex, but it depends on what your burner can burn.
    Try it and let me know if it works.