1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"budget" dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by chenko, Feb 11, 2005.

1. chenko

chenko Member

hi I recently bought some "budget" brand dvd-r from ukdvdr have tried to burn 3 dvds all failed could reducing the write speed to 2X solve this problem maybe someone else has had this problem?

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

they are probably just cheap disks, maybe some firmware upgrade for your drive but i seriously doubt that will help. by the way, how much did you buy them for and how many were there?

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Try using a disk information tool like Nero Info Tool to see exactly what type of media you have and also see if there is a firmware update for your Burner that could possibly handle that specific brand of media. It doesn't matter what name was on the outside, it matters who the actual maker of the disk is and what name it was given.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Chenko stick with good blank media TY..Ritek..Sony ...Maxell...TDK to name a few the cheap media WILL NOT LAST in a couple months they probably wont even play back correctly.Check these sites for blank media...meritline.com..supermedia store.com rima.com and others on this site its usely no tax and free shipping so price wise you come out fine.

5. neewbie

neewbie Regular member

princo and laser are bad media. sumtimes they r so bad that u cant even use them to back up. they fail or the discs are already rooted.....

6. kchev

kchev Regular member

budget says it all

buy yourself some good discs and your problems (and headaches) will disappear

NEVER buy budget or junk media

7. chenko

chenko Member

hi thanks for the replies just to say this discs are supposed to burn at 4X but are unreadable even by my computer. dropped the speed to 2X still wouldnt read in dvd player played on computer only just though and then it would freeze from time to time

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

If you are still having trouble burning them at 2x,if you can get down to 1x or give them up.

It's pretty bad if your computer can't even play them ok.Not many people like to watch their backups on their pc only.

Get a small pack of maxell's. They are pretty good in both dash and plus formats.Stick with the 4x's.

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

chenko

Not all media burns well on every DVD Burner whether it's good or bad media. I have two burners and my original liked a certain brand of DVD-R 4x while my new one gives trashy burns with it. Find out what your burner likes by going to it’s website and see what they recommend for it.

10. rj21

rj21 Regular member

does anyone know a good site to buy ritek dvd's from in the UK?

11. chenko

chenko Member

hi tried to drop the speed to 1X but dvd decrypter automatically selects 2X is there anyway to stop it doing this? want to try this before I give up on them

12. rj21

rj21 Regular member

the reason its going to 2xspeed is the discs your usein they dont support 1xspeed buring,
    i had the same prob wiv some discs i had would burn as low as 4x