1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buffer meter goes way up with DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MrMingus, Nov 6, 2004.

1. MrMingus

MrMingus Member

While ripping some DVD's with DVD Decrypter my buffer meter goes all the way to 99%. I obviously cancel my job. This has happened with my last 3 Criterion DVD's. Any suggestions?

2. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

it is perfectly fine if it is all the way up it is supposed to so u dont get write errors from lag on your cmputer it is fine.

3. MrMingus

MrMingus Member

hmm...

Strange because I have a pretty advanced (or fast) computer. Im anal so I need everything to be just perfect, and I dont think I can handle a rip with the buffer all the way up. 8-/

I will try to rip it again. thx 4 the quick response

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi mrmingus, welcome to AD,

It doesn't matter how great your PC is, it doesn't effect the global warming trend (Lol)

I'm not sure what you thought a buffer was or what it did but it's not an indicator of your PC about to blow up. Your buffer going from 10 to 100 is normal, if it makes you unhappy then don't rip DVD's OR just don't look at your monitor :) Try thinking of the "buffer" as a car's shock absorber. It allows smoothness over jagged bumps. Bumps like the road and like different file types on a DVD.

Trust me, nobody wants to go for a drive in a car without any shocks. The bumps would have fillings dropping from your mouth like flies.

Hope that clears it up for you -

Pete

5. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

Thats the gayest thing i have ever heard in my life.... srry about that but have more class in the way you word your comments and inquiress