1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buffer rate ??

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by NSA187, Mar 21, 2005.

1. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i am burnning ty movies using nero 6.3 and this has happend twice to me, the buffer rate would drop all the way down to 30 percent and not even burn anymore i had to cancel to burns becaus of this, i have a benqe 1620 anybody know the reason ??

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

usually this happens from multitasking during the burn process, stuff running in the background etc etc; tho a search thru the forums may well get you more info, there's a start for you. good luck and pop back when you got more info

3. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Could be also that you have a scratch on the disk you are copying from. I have noticed this when i have a bad master disk I am copying from the buffer goes a little nuts gets real low then i get a nice error message. Clean the disk and see if that does the trick. I have a lite on dvd burner just so you know.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yeah there is that, its one of those things that i do subconciously whether its needed or not. Even do it on shop-sealed discs as well, the oldest habits are hardest to break no matter how stupid

5. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

What speed are you trying to burn at? Benq's have a strange way of dealing with underruns and I've noticed that attempting to burn faster than the system's max transfer rate can cause very long burn times. So, paradoxically, burning at lower speeds can result in faster burns with the 1620.

6. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Also what media are you using? That plays a role

7. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

I think he said TY, that's why I asked about the burn speed, depending on his f/w revision a 1620 will happily try to burn TYG02's at 16x.

8. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i got tyg01 and i am burning at a 4x only no faster, firm ware upgrades are only to be done if the media is being rejected out of the burner without it even burninning anything, i was told this buy saugmon

9. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I know there is a big debate on burn speed. I always burn at no more then 4-6x. I sometimes get coasters even with ty media. It just seems stitically speaking I get coasters at the faster speeds. I say if not in a rush take it slow.

10. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Did you ever try to let it burn until it rejects the burn? Or does it just hang there?

11. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

When the drive "hangs" is the status light still flashing red, or do you see green as well?

12. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

it's green

13. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

Hmm, just noticed that TYG01 is limited to 4x in the stock firmware, whereas it allows over-speeding on virtually every other Yuden media type. I wonder if Benq know something we don't about this media?

Strangely, I've seen several people reporting successful 12x burns on TYG01 with modded 1620 f/w, so the media can't be that bad.

14. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I burn at 6x with my Fuji discs.

15. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

I think I have the same problem...

I have an external burner that I use through the USB ports, and it was really quick, it only took about 25-30min to burn a dvd.

Well, after my system crashed and I had to redo the OS, it burns a dvd in about 40-60min, if not longer. Kinda sucks in a way. But it also might have to do with the fact that I have a multi USB port that isn't high speed, so the transfer is kinda low.

Does anyone else agree with this? Should I invest in a high speed multi USB Port?

Want to know, since NSA is having the same problem as well, just in a difference sense.

Thanks.

P.S.I used to be able to burn at Maximum, not anymore.

16. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

If your drive light stays green during the hangs, then there is no burning goning on at all. During bad buffer under-runs the 1620 status light usually cycles between red and green, steady green is bad news.
    I notice you say that this has happened to you twice, have you had successful burns with the same setup?
    If so, are these two bad burns a tiny proportion?\

17. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

Venom, your poor burn speed prior to your crash was probably due to the slow USB 1 interface you say you use. The even greater slow-down after your OS reinstall is most probably due to the default chipset drivers that the OS installed. Install the latest chipset drivers for your mobo and I expect you will regain your 25-30min burns.

Typically an 8X burn should take about 7min or so depending on the drive, which is a lot faster than you have seen. A PCI USB 2 card should give you a big improvement in burn time with your external drive, assuming that the external case interface is USB2, but you would still need to upgrade your chipset drivers.

18. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[bold]i was told this buy saugmon [/bold]

NSA187:If you are still trying to re-rip those HP cmag backups onto your tygo1's, You may want to try dvd decrypter.Try the default settings first.

Use dvd decrypter in ISO READ
    Then use dvd decrypter in ISO WRITE

If that don't help:
    Try these settings for DVD Decrypter.
    . General tab
    . Options - Removal Method - Aggressive
    . File Mode tab
    . Options - Remove PUOs (IFO and/or VOB)
    . ISO Read Mode tab
    . Options - Remove PUOs (IFO and/or VOB)
    . CSS tab
    . CSS Cracking Method
    . Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange
    . On Failure - Yes
    . I/O tab
    . Options - Ignore read errors.

This is a handy guide I just got from Noqoilpi-sweet.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005