1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffer Underrun Problems With Toast Titanium 5.2

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Dougie, May 19, 2004.

1. Dougie

Dougie Member

Don't know if I should have posted here but all other buffer underrun problems are not OSX related.
    The problem is that everytime I try to burn a dvd movie with toast to a DVD-R I keep getting a buffer underrun message half way through the burn. The message is: The drive reported an error: Sense Key= illegal Request. Sense Code= 0x21, 0x02 BUFFER UNDERRUN. I am running OSX 10.3.3, 1.6GHz, 256 ram on a G5 and am using datawrite and maxell DVD-R discs. I never had this problem before on my G4 running OS9 but am now fed up with making coasters. If I burn using toast 6 it works fine but takes 4 times longer than with toast 5.2.
    I have tried every different way to rip the discs with OSEx, DVDBackup, Extractor and an AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS with DVD2OneX and even ripping out the M2V and AC3 audio and video files and building the disc with DVDSP but still no joy, or is it just the media I am using?
    If anyone could shed some light on the subject I would be most grateful.

Cheers in advance
    Dougie

2. Londor

Londor Guest

How are you trying to burn the DVD's using Toast 6? I do not understand why it takes 4 times longer than using Toast 5. It should take just about 12-14 minutes with Toast 6.

3. Dougie

Dougie Member

I go to the data tab and click DVD-ROM (UDF) then click new disc and add my AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders and i've tried just dragging and dropping the whole movie named folder into the data tab still with DVD-ROM (UDF) selected! Either way i then click burn, insert disc and off it goes but it takes about 40 mins to burn. Have you any idea as to why toast 6 does this or am i doing it wrong and why toast 5.2 has a BUFFER UNDERRUN error message?

Cheers Londor

4. Londor

Londor Guest

Open Toast 6. In the menu bar click on "Recorder" and go to "recorder settings". A dialog box comes up over the Toast window. Make sure the write speed is set to best.