1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffer Underrun

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by woolfgang, Nov 17, 2004.

1. woolfgang

woolfgang Member

I have a Pioneer 105, with the latest firmware and am burning Ridata 4x DVD-R disks with Toast. Half the time, with best selected, my first attemt at burning results in a buffer underrun. I'll try again and it works. I don't know what the problem is. Toast is on Data. Any help is appreciated.

2. Londor

Londor Guest

3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

In the advanced tab of your burner settings in toast, check the "buffer underrun protection" button.

Also, slow it down and don't multi-task. Macs even back 4-5 years should all be fast enough to burn to dvd.

OH, one other thing..this is big: Use ONE drive for data that is seperate from your system. It is wise to use a nice big fat wide open drive for your data so you computer can lay it down sequentially. If you use your system drive with all your documents, applications etc it can be very fragmented. When the drive has to read all the fragments it can slow it down and potentially cause a buffer underrun.

MG

4. Londor

Londor Guest

5. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Hmm. You learn something new every day.

MG

6. woolfgang

woolfgang Member

Thanks for all the info. Yeah I have a 160GB HD for all my media. Things are better now, but it is time for a new burner.

7. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I have a 105 that needs a new laser.

If you're gonna trash your 105, let me know and maybe I can take the laser out!

MG