1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buffering problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hd517, Nov 24, 2004.

1. hd517

hd517 Member

whats up yall. im trying to back up the Chappelle show season dvd. Its a brand new disc. i tried ripping it with dvd decrypter but it has NO BUFFER!! it just rips and rips until it has a whole bunch of errors mainly beacause if the buffing, its a brand new disc, so its no that,plus i have it set on aggressive ripping. can some1 help me out?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

What are you using to rip the disc? Is this a disc with several episodes? If so try ripping with DVD Shrink.

3. hd517

hd517 Member

i was ripping it with dvd decrypter, but this hasnt happened with just the chappelle dvd, its happened to training day and unbreakable, and might i add the discs were new

4. hd517

hd517 Member

tried it again. this time i tried to use Dvd Decrypter to burn it to an iso and than shrink it on dvd shrink, but that didnt work, i upgraded anydvd, too. nothing is workin, the buffer level is still at zero

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Just use DVD Shrink on it's own - you don't need to use Decrypter with it. If you are using Nero check that buffer underun is enabled and also check that a) you have the latest firmware for the drive, b) that all cables are connected firmly to the drive, c) that the burner is set to master (any other drive as slave) and d) that all drives are in ultra DMA mode.

6. hd517

hd517 Member

wow it worked. i dont understand how. i rip with decrypter 1st on every dvd, i dont have much luck with shrink all by itself, it always has some eror during the analysis or the encoding, but i guess shrink is beetter than decrypter in tv/dvd saeson dvds