1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

building a gaming pc

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by xLcs, Nov 25, 2011.

1. xLcs

xLcs Member

hey guys! i'm intending to build a new gaming pc that will allow me to play BF3,MW3 and so on. I've a budget of 1200$
    I've done a fair share of research, but i'm not really confident in pairing up the CPU and motherboards along with the heatsinks and stuff.

I'm intending to get a GAMING PC(WITHOUT A MONITOR AND HDD)
    i would like to use a liquid cooling system? No idea how that works but yeah.
    and i've been to a couple of online sites, but i only trust newegg.

So yeah, basically i'm pretty much hoping that you guys would get everything that is compatible and just dump in it here.

Thanks in advance guys! :)

EDIT: I found a rough idea of what i want.
    [​IMG]

But the thing is, is it compatible? And also, will it run BF3 smoothly on the HIGH setting?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. karma29

karma29 Member

I would just buy a PS3 and call it good would be overkill to build a liquid cool rig for BF3 and MW3. That is more for Overclocking your stuff

3. xLcs

xLcs Member

that would be too much of a hassle and i'd like a new pc

4. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

New electronics output less and less heat every revision, so why on earth do you want a liquid cooler?

my advise ditch the x6 & the Liquid cooler and get get 2 6870's and and Phenom II x4.

BF3 is Graphics intensive, MW3 is CPU intensive.

5. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

You have probabbly already bought the PC, but I personally preffer a intel I2500k for gaming. Check if your budget accepts that.

6. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

when it comes right down to it, that marginal FPS boost by going Intel really isn't worth the extra cash.

7. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Although the FPS boost its not marginal in all of cases. It is clear that it all depends on your specific budget for the processor, in the 100 dollars budget clearly AMD gives the best bang for the buck.

But if you have more money available an intel I7 2500 its the best option as it gives you more productivity and performance in all areas.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011