1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a New Comp Need Help Please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Liez4Love, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Hey, i am building a new comp and i have a couple of questions. First off im am building mostly for World of Warcraft. So i will not need a CD-ROM or a sound card right away, i will add it later. But i already know the video card and hardrive, and ram, and fans and cas i will get. However,this is where i usally get lost with comps, the mother board and processors. I am gona need at least 800 MHz of cpu to play the game. and i wanted a Athlon64, and i was hoping some one could kinda tell a couple of brands of Motherbroads i should look for. of a price around 100-150. and also, i dont know what their called, but the wires that connect to the mother broad to the hardware, does that come with the mother board? and the same with the power supply? do they come with the power supply? ok well thank you for your help.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

case usually but not always comes with a power supply unit so check 1st. new motherboard comes with backplate if not a standard layout, 1 ide & 1 floppy cables. gat a board that has the right slot for your video card & cpu

3. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

i have an old case from my old computer, and what kind of Atlon 64 Mother broad am i going to need for a GeForce 4 5700? i will buy a new power supply.

4. john179

john179 Active member

All depends on what you want and how much you want to pay.I fancied a change from the Asus mob when i recently built this new system so i got a Gigabyte for a change which runs nice with the 64bit.All your ide leads will come with the mob and like ddp said you will need a good psu.You will be best off getting a minimum of a 500 watt psu i went for a 550 as price wise there is not much in it.As your getting a new mob that supports 64bit most of these will support 5700.My opinion the best 3 makes of motherboard are Asus,Gigabyte and msi.Have a look at these 3 brands and choose one to suit your requirements.You will find there all reasonably priced and with in your price range.

5. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

you will have to find a motherboard that has a agp slot to use the video card you have if thats what it is unless its a pci card . video cards use agp , pci , pci express . motherboards come with most of the cables needed to put it together . power supplies come with the power cables also , i agree a power supply 480 watts or higher is good idea .