1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a new PC?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by buscuit, Apr 1, 2005.

1. buscuit

buscuit Regular member

I'm trying to build a PC from scratch. I have a new case (w/ power supply), hard drives, CD-ROM and an older 600Mhz used motherboard. Installing the drives will be a breeze, but my first step is to figure out how to install the motherboard. I'm not totally sure how to do it though. I've bolted into the case with no problems & I know how to connect the power supply to it, but I'm not sure about the other connectors that are dangling from the case that look like they have to be attached to the motherboard somehow. One is labeled 'power' so I'm assuming that is the power switch, but I don't know where to connect it to the motherboard. Anybody have any ideas on how I can figure this out.

2. haimback

haimback Regular member

The "one labeled power" is from the power switch on the front of your case, the other will probly be for led's to show you have power etc. There will also be one to connect to the speaker in the case (gives the beep on start up).It will tell you where to connect these in your motherboard manual, if you dont have it you will be able to find it online or if you cant post the MOBO name make and il have a look for it.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

always do a R.T.F.M.D.(not meant as an insult "Read.The F**king.Manual.Dummy.") before playing around with the notherboard.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

buscuit

Easiest way is to do a Google search for your exact MB and you should find a manual online that will tell you where to put everything.

5. buscuit

buscuit Regular member

I don't have the manual, that's why I'm asking here.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

who is the manufacturer. check on the motherboard itself as might be printed there & the model#