1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bulkpaq 4 speed

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dunkeld, Jun 16, 2003.

1. dunkeld

dunkeld Guest

cuold anyone tell me compatability of disc on dvd players im using pioneer 105 and writing with record now max

Cheers Dunkeld

2. boriqua

boriqua Guest

I have A05 & use RecordNow Max, and I have been able to use all media on wide variety of DVD Players... But stick to good media otherwise you'll get freezing & skips, etc...

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

can't go wrong with Ritek G04's, Pineers own (too expensive), Traxdata 4x, Verbatim 4x, and im checking Datawrite Yellow 4x out at the min. The Datawrite reds are pretty useless.

Bulkpaq new orange 4x i haven't tried. Buy a few and let us know. Im using Pioneer A05 too__X_X_X_X_X_[small]He who Asks for Nothing, Shall Never be Dissapointed![/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  4. RonnieDar

RonnieDar Member

i have orderd pioneer A05 and pack of bulkpuq x4 (orange 1s)

will let u know how i get on
    being first time and all

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You might have problems writing at 4x with them

6. OG_

OG_ Member

dunkeld, have bought and burned around 75 of these discs on my 105 to date..

have tried on many different dvd players, and have only one make of player on which they were not succesful, that was an LG model

All in all would say a decent disc (in my experience anyway).....

7. RonnieDar

RonnieDar Member

not sure yet kinda hoping they will work cause i got em from bigpockets (top company so far)

and they have a warning on the product

Caution / Attention
    The use of this disc with certain DVD-R/RW Drives and DVD-R/RW Video Recorders may cause the Drive/Recorder to become unresponsive. It may cause permanent damage to the Drive/Recorder and to the disc if the Drive/Recorder as allowed to remain in unresponsive condition for extended period of time. For more information about free update s to resolve this potential problem

but i called the people from (bigpockets)
    and they say just never try and burn x4 speed on a x2 writer

shouldnt b a problem 4 me as getting pioneer A05

again will let u know how i get on 2morrow hopefully

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, thats all that is. All 4x discs have that

9. boriqua

boriqua Guest

Well Oriphus, I am hooked. I am using Ritek 4x, and have been able to burn at 4x, and the movies come out perfect even on crappy players... I have a winner...

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nice one. Also, Datawrite have released a 4x Ritek Silver disc now. Im hoping to change 75 Datawrite yellow 4x princos for them!

11. RonnieDar

RonnieDar Member

2day i got my dvd-r and the bulkpaq x4's 2day

installed my drive all ok and done myfirst dvdburn was bout 4gbs of data all different (i.e avi's, pics etc) i thought i would try the 4x speed out first and to my surpise burned all ok :) well impressed only took 15mins.

then i treid backing up spiderman @ 4x burned all ok no errors put the disc in my ps2 and played until bout halfway then skipped really badley and then stopped

so i didnt give up there i then burned @ x2 again burned all ok and treid it in the ps2 and same problems i then thought i might be the ps2 so i treid the dvd player in my pc and no skipping @ all

so im not 2 sure bout the way im burning em or what i used dvd decrypter iso mode.

can any1 help im not to botherd bout it cause i got tv out on my pc and get a great pic on the tv but i have only got the ps2 there is no way of telling if it burned all ok is there?

or is it just the ps2 i remember reading that the ps2 laser is very tempermental not sure if this is true

i have only burned the 3 disks so far so cant really say i would think these disk burning at 4x all ok for data but the video is a different story all together

12. boriqua

boriqua Guest

RonnieDar, you more than likely burned your movie properly. The PS2 laser is really weak and picks up the slightest imperfections that would come up on any DVD Player...
    I got an A05 and test all my movies on the PS2 for that reason. So far the only media that works perfect on them 99.9% of the time is VERBATIM DataLifePlus (not DATALIFE) & Ritek G04.
    You might want to Invest on a stand-alone DVD Player to save you ALOT of head-aches, or stick to the media just mentioned.
    Ok Media with skips at times:
    -Fujifilm
    -Ritek G03
    -Maxell
    -Accu
    -DVDPro
    Cheap media that is ok if you don't burn full: Princo (still get skips & coasters sometimes)

This all applies with the PS2. Stand alone DVD Players are much better for viewing because they don't tend to pick up alot of the imperfections in the media dye.