1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buring Multiple files...HELP

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by KERSH, Jan 14, 2007.

1. KERSH

KERSH Member

Using Nero 7. I am having trouble burning multiple files onto a DVD. The file is seperated between two folders (CD1 and CD2). Both of which are in .VOB (which I converted from .avi) format within its own VIDEO_TS folder. It is causing an error when selecting both files to burn on to DVD. What to do?? Thanks....

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi KERSH
    Need a bit more info.
    What part of Nero are you using to burn? What error do you get?

What's the size of each video_ts folder?
    Did you add the whole folder(s)? Each folder will have the different files that Nero needs.

3. KERSH

KERSH Member

Using Nero Express, I normally have no problem when just bruning contents within one VIDEO_TS folder, but this is my first encounter of a file being seperated (CD1 and CD2). The file of each CD1 and CD2 had its own avi file that I convereted into DVD format, which of course created two VIDEO_TS folders. It will not allow me to copy both folders to burn. The error: "A special entry already present on target location. Orgianl Joliet or ISO names can be identical. Cannot move VIDEO-TS.BUP to location." and will give same error for VIDEO.IFO , etc....

4. binkie7

With Nero's vision you can convert, merge & burn the avi's - so that both avi's are now 1 movie.

For these though try Recode in Nero - use compile a dvd (nero 7) or remake a dvd (nero 6) pick the main movie for both (will be listed under main movie)then highlight both and click on merge.
    Now Nero will encode, merge and burn.

5. KERSH

KERSH Member

Great! I will give it a shot with Vision, I have just had such a hard time with Nero and avi files, thus the reason for converting them with a diff app. Maybe its just me but Nero seems to be kinda moody with mpeg and avi files..LOL, I am giving it a shot now, thaks for the help!

6. binkie7

Not a problem :)

I'd try recode 1st with these since they're already converted - much faster.

If you using Nero 6 - use version 6.6.0.18

If your using Nero 7 use the latest version 7.5.0.9a.

May help with it being moody :)

Keep us posted.

7. KERSH

KERSH Member

To be honest I am not sure how to recode, the only thing I am familiar with is using Nero Vision to select mpg and avi files that I wish to burn and it will transcode, then (when it feels like it) burn to DVD, if I am selecting DVD-Video option with Express I will choose .vob format. Is there other options I am not finding to recode, convert, etc..

8. binkie7

Recode is even easier than Vision.

Recode though only does files that are already dvd compliant - like backed up original DVD's (needs the copy protection removed on originals 1st by either ripping w/ something like DVDFab Decrypter or running AnyDVD in the background)
    It will compress to fit to a single layer dvd.

So the ones that you already converted you should be able to add them then merge to one file (while movie).

In Express I add the whole folder which has like the ifo files. These files tell the play how to play the disc.

If you need help w/ it just let me know.

9. KERSH

KERSH Member

Still not finding the recode option, probably the version I have? However, I do have two VIDEO_TS folers (that needs to be a single file). Still giving the error indicated in last post. It wll not let me select both folders to place on DVD...

10. binkie7

Could be your version of Nero. If you have an oem version of Nero you may not have Recode.

You can also merge them in Vision either from the avi's or the converted files. The converted files would take less time. Add the vob files in vision 1st from cd1 then cd2. Highlight them then in the left side of the compilation window there is 3 buttons. Click on the middle one - merge.