1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buring using Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by nownthen, Nov 20, 2004.

1. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Do you know what I really hate is when I go to make a cd and for some reason it starts buring than the stupid program fails or messes up. Then the dumb program goes and finalizes the cd. It didn' t even start burning to the cd before there was an error and it finalized my cd. Details free space 0 space filled 0.

Why does it do this?

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

I wouldnt use Windows Media Player or even Windows XP Inbuilt burner to burn any CD's.

I would use Nero or something similar to do it for you.

CJC

3. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

It still should of worked.

Is there anyway that I can still use the cd or is it garbage. In the past I usually just throw it out and be done with it.

4. CJC

CJC Regular member

Just turn the CD over, and does it look like it has been burned to ?

'Should' of worked. When your using programs like that you pretty much expect things not to work all the time.

CJC

5. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I worked the time before. The cd I tried to burn the first time worked on the cdrw. I copied that onto a cdr.

6. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Windows Media Player uses an old outdated Roxio burning engine, it wont even recognise my burner.
    I'll Second that. The music your burning to disc, does any song come from a copy protected disc? or has any song been downloaded from a genuine server that you've paid for?

7. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I tried to burn the cd once to a cdr and it failed. All the program did right was finalize my disc.
    Without any changes the same songs burnt perferctly to the cd-rw. Which I used dependable software to copy. Blindwrite is a great and simple program for copying cd's and dvd's.