1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn 2 DVDs into 1 with menus?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Henderson, May 7, 2007.

1. Henderson

Henderson Member

I have a 2 DVD set of a movie, the movie on DVD1 and extras on DVD2. I'd like to burn them onto one DVD-DL but keep the menus. I've tried DVD2One but I lose the menus and I'm not really sure DVD2 is there either.

Is there a way to do what I want easily and keep the original menus? All I can think of right now is covert it all to .avi files, then reauthor it with something like ConvertX to DVD with a title for each avi file for the menu. I'd really rather not go through that amount of time if I'm missing a more direct way to do it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Sony's DVD Architect will do some work with adding menus. An old acquaintance used to use it. It took him a while to get it down, so no idea of the ease. I hear good things about DVDReMake, but I'm not sure if it has all the capabilities you need. You can check it out at http://www.dimadsoft.com .

Shrink will combine, but won't maintian menus in the Re-author mode. It seems what you want to do is more into reauthoring. Once you get your larger compilation, you may want to check out Rebuilder or another encoder for compressing it.

3. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

DvdReMake can merge 2 DVDs while maintaining menus of each with just 1-click. The Pro version can merge up to 4 DVDs. You can even merge as many DVDs as you want by repeating the same process. This will create a pyramid-like structure that you may get confused in navigating through the default DvdReMake menus unless you customize it.

4. Henderson

Henderson Member

Thank you! DVD Remake was perfect for this, took about 15 min to merge the 2 DVDs into one DVD-DL.

Thanks again, saved a ton of time. :)

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Obviously toaddub has used Remake more than I have. Glad it worked for you.

6. syxguns

syxguns Active member

PacMan777-
    Yeah, toaddub is a great person to talk to about the program. He has helped me on another site get something figured out. DVDRMP is a fantastic program that is worth every cent. Right now I am learning to edit motion menu's. He has helped me figure out the basic concepts, now I just have to learn the additional programs.

See with ReMake Pro you can edit any menu, but you must make the menu a still when you do it. Sometimes I do not want this. I want my menu's to look as professional as the original, but I may not want "Sneak Peaks" or "Previews" among other things. Once I have all of this figured out, I will write a tutorial on how to do it.

7. Henderson

Henderson Member

Will be watching for and looking forward to that tutorial. :)

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

syxguns
    Let us know when you git-r-done. ;)

9. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I will do that! It just takes a little time to figure out each step in the process. The other thing that I need to consider is program selection. I am using Adobe Premier and Encore. Those software packages are a little expensive, but if you want good quality then you will go the extra mile! It is not something that you would do on every title. Just something to use for the movies that you consider special and want to make the additional changes to it. I think the process will take a little too much time to bother with just your average movie!!

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It will be interesting to see what you come up with. You're right, not everyone is going to invest in Adobe Premiere to do menus. I have it already, so it won't be a problem rounding up the software.

11. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Yeah, there are other suites that you can use to do the same thing. One is DVDLab Pro. But the cost of that is just as expensive as Premier. You can get a 30 day trial of the software. After I do it with Premier I am going to download the trial of that software and do it with that. I won't be able to answer questions on the DVDLab but at least it will give people the opportunity to use an additional piece of software!

I'm going to mess with it tomorrow night. I want to make motion menu's with a couple of DVD's. I'm only going to use one to start with. I am hoping for a huge success! After I do it once and have the basics down, I will do it again to test the approximate time it takes to do the job. I will send you a PM with the link!