1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn 2 mpgs to one disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clearest, Sep 26, 2004.

1. clearest

clearest Member

Hi there

I know i saw the guide somewhere, but i just cant remember where.
    is there a link for instructions on how to burn 2 or more mpegs/ avis to one disc?

thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

When you've gotten your AVI's to VCDs here are some noted to put several of your files on a single DVD -

a guide for going FROM VCD to DVD
    (by Minion)

If the files aren't encoded then you should Use Mpeg2 instead of Mpeg1 because it is a better format and maybe "Bump" the bitrate up to about 1500kbs. This will increase the Quality quite a Bit and still allow you to get 6 hours on a DVD if you use a audio bitrate of 192kbs....

This DVD Format is Called SIF or CIF format and not every DVD authoring program will support this DVD format especially Cheapo DVD authoring programs. Both DVD Lab and TMPGEnc DVD Author will support this DVD format accept with DVDLab you have to use Mpeg2....

You can just encode your files to VCD but use 48000HZ Audio and then author them to a DVD with no problems. That way you could fit 6+ hours of VCD quality Video on a DVD....

When you encode a low resolution VCD file to full resolution DVD Format you loose a lot of quality because you are resizing a small resolution to a large resolution which is were you loose all of the quality, but there is no need to re-encode VCD's to DVD because VCD's are already DVD compliant accept for the audio which needs to be 48000hz to be on a DVD......

a Note about settings in the GOP Structure settings:

Set the "Output Interval for Sequence Header" to "1" and this will Put 1 sequence header before every GOP...
    You actually get Better quality when using a smaller GOP but it can cause a slightly bigger file size...
    This is the GOP I use:

Number of I Pictures in GOP: 1
    Number of P Pictures in GOP: 4
    Number of B Picture ins GOP: 2
    Number of Frames in GOP: 15

Cheers,

Pete

3. clearest

clearest Member

thanks pete

after encoding, do you burn with nero? cause i cant seem to get nero to accept more than 1 film.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Try using Nero classic -

5. clearest

clearest Member

thanks pete, will try!