1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn 6.5GB movie on 4.5GBDVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bujbuj, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bujbuj

bujbuj Member

Hello everyone, this is my first time here. Can someone tell me how I could burn a 6.5GB movie to my DVD. I used DeFAB to copy it from a DVD to my hard drive. Thanks.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Hi bujbuj

There are quite a few ways, but here's one which uses applications/software that are free.

You'll need DVDshrink for transcoding and Imgburn for burning to DVD disk...

[bold]DVDshrink (this version uses imgburn as part of it's backup process)[/bold]
    http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=423&ssid=0&did=7

Imgburn
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/ImgBurn/1128426215/1

-Install imgburn then install DVDshrink. Insert a blank DVD+/-R into your burner.

-Run DVDshrink and choose "open files" at the top, browse to where the video files are located that you ripped to your HDD using DVDFab, click on the VIDEO_TS folder and choose open/ok.

-Now click on the "backup" tab and choose to create an "ISO image and burn with Imgburn" from the dropdown menu.
    [​IMG]

NOTE: Under the quality settings tab, make sure all boxes are checked to make sure the backup is the best it can be.
    [​IMG]

-Click ok and wait (follow any instructions given along the way).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  3. bujbuj

bujbuj Member

DVD Shrink does not open the file:-(. It says it encountered a problem as video_ts cannot be read:-(.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Problem with using Shrink all by it self is it just dosn't work on any newer movies (with in last year) because it hasn't been and never will be updated again. Don't worry though I have a solution for you :)

1) Follow this guide >>>Installing RipIt4Me
    2) Then Follow this guide >>> Backup Your DVD

You will be all set if you follow those two guides and of course you won't need to use the first guide again for the rest of your movies.

Good luck :)

5. bujbuj

bujbuj Member

Thanks a lot johnl123 & bbmayo. You have been great help.

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@bujbuj

You're welcome, if you need any more help, someone's always here for you.

Note: Since you stated above that you used DVDFab to rip with, I assumed shrink would have no problem with opening the files, since it did, it's possible you've got an outdated version. The latest version is a beta 3.0.8.5, you can get it here...

http://www.dvdfab.com/DVDFabDecrypter3085Beta.exe

Also, to be clear, when opening the video files using shrink, the VIDEO_TS folder is chosen by clicking on it, thus high-lighting it and clicking ok/open, its not to be entered.

Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007