1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn a DVD.......Why is it so damn difficult

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ozrick, Apr 23, 2005.

1. ozrick

ozrick Member

ok so i have some movies i downloaded off the net......you would think you would be able to right click on a file and burn it to a disk.........but
    noooo ....that would be to easy....instead i am going to have to spend the next week reading / reserching ......possibly downloading software.....i duno

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO DAMN DIFFICULT

things were simpiler 20 years ago ......you just put in a tape and pressed record

2. colw

colw Active member

It is not difficult if you know what you are doing.

Yes - you are going to have to do some homework/research.

Yes - you are probably going to have to download some software and guides - they can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate tabs at the top of this page.

I've burnt approx 1000 DVDs and have never downloaded off the net - it is a time wasting, loser solution - there are easier ways of skinning a cat or ripping a DVD.

With a little patience, homework and research, all will be revealed. It is not difficult but there are many variables and no magic one click solution.

Life or DVD burning was not meant to be easy.

3. ozrick

ozrick Member

Thank you oh great one

after 5 hours of fustration
    i will rest now and seek enlightment tommorow....lol

it just peeves me off that every time i get on the computer i end up going off on some hudge learning curve

i wish computers could be more user friendly

oh yea... Sonic MyDVD.... sux

4. ifunerals

ifunerals Guest

I don't know what your experience is with a computer, but ripping and burning a DVD is relatively an easy process. Yes, there will be a learning curve. I have burned hundreds of movies. Yes, there was a learning curve. Download copy of DVD Shrink. Follow the information in the abundantly available guides. I think the guides were written at the second grade level. Rip. Pop in a DVD into your DVD drive. Then burn. Yes, there may be some gliches, but nothing that can't be easily overcome. Anyway, I agree, downloading movies is a monumental waste of time.

5. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

Did you actually download a DVD? or is it a AVI or some kind of Compressed file Like a RAR or Zip?

The More info you can give us on the file the easier it will be for any of us to help you...

6. ozrick

ozrick Member

i did it.....sort of
    it was an avi file
    i used the editing software....showbiz
    it took litterally hours to produce ...
    My DVD was then able to burn it to a disk

unfortunatly the movie/picture freezes after playing for 20 minuts.....the sound continues to play but no picture

i duno ...there has to be an easier way

7. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

Nero can convert it to DVD for you..
    you can convert it to a SVCD or VCD Format
    or you cab buy a DIVX Player that plays DVD DIVX (AVI) Xvid SVCD VCD to play on your TV...

Try looking for programs that convert from AVI or Divx to DVD
    or that convert to SVCD or VCD

8. kyeair

kyeair Member

dont even fool with converting to avi or divx the stuff takes to long look up a program called dvd shrink it will ripp the movie fron the disc and then use nero to record it to dvd all you have to do is select the movie file and burn it

9. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

OZRICK, In general terms when you download a movie, you need to find out what format it is in, Is it an .avi , .iso , bin cue . Is it zipped ?? Do you need to use Win rar to Unzip or unRAR it ?? You say it is an .avi file . For avi files you need somthing like Nero`s Vision Express or Roxio`s Easy Cd Creator to convert the files to a ready to burn DVD format. Or you can download here a FREE software from VSO :http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd.cfm After you convert the avi file to Dvd , you need to use Nero or whatever and burn them in the proper format. Audio_Ts and Video_ts files onto a DVD. You should also shut down all running programs , Anti virus etc so as not to interfere with the burning process. You did not mention what your CPU or ram were on your machine. The burning process can tax your machine depending on how old it is....Good Luck and keep plugging away....

Last edited: May 7, 2005