1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Baby Burn!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by talkhard, Jan 22, 2007.

1. talkhard

talkhard Member

Im Back! I have possibly a related problem to my previous one which was Illegal Error.
    I recently burned a disc of video files ;-) and the disc burned error free (yaaa) but it didn't play in one of my 3 players. I used a file I created during the Illegal disc fiasco. To creat this file it originated from a dvd, through DVD Fab express and then through Shrink. Since then, I have dumped Fab for DVD Decrypter, just to rule it out as a problem source. Any Ideas?

2. witenoiz

witenoiz Regular member

I have absolutely no idea what your question might be. Reminds me though, I can't wait to see the movie Babel - Jack

3. talkhard

talkhard Member

I had a posting last week about an error with Shrink stating Illegal Disc and I was speaking with Saugmon and John-someone and so, ya.

4. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

you can use that thread still under my account

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

This would suggest that it's not the disk or your choice of rippers, but the player with the problem. There maybe a player/media incompatibility problem, the player just doesn't like the media you're using. Find disks that all the players like (will play) and stick to that.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  6. talkhard

talkhard Member

Can + or - really make a difference to the player? I just bought the spindle, aw crap!!! Don't tell me that, man!

7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Yes it can, some players can be very picky. If the spindle contains +R disks, you could try booktyping the disks to appear as DVD-ROMs to the players which would increase compatibility.

Your drive must be able to perform this function (it's a firmware thing), so try and check with its site to see if they provide that info.

Here's some info on booktyping if interested
    http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php

8. talkhard

talkhard Member

Ok, I hear what your saying about the media type. I checked some of my previous copies and they seem to be DVD-R. But, to test this theory I tried burning a copy of something I already have. New problem! Shrink came up with the Data Redundancy cycle check error, which usually tells me that the DVD is encrypted right?! I found this wierd because these are copies that I was trying to copy. Then, DVD Decrypter wouldn't do it's thing either. this is the error it spit out:
    I/O ERROR
    Device:[3:0:]Lite-on DVDRW SHW-1635S YS0Z (E:)(ATA)
    ScsiStatus:0x02
    Interpretation:Check Condition
    CDB: 28 00 00 19 D3 82 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: read (10)
    Sector: 1692546
    Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable Error

I sSHould tell you that I had to re-type that error so, if it looks a little different, thats why. Any kinda help would be great.

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Yes, it's true that this error condition can be associated with trying to read and rip from an encrypted disk that shrink isn't able to, but this isn't the case with you, your backups have already been decrypted.

This error condition can also be associated with trying to read from a disk that's dirty/smudged, scratched, or trying to read files put on a poor quality disk (one or all these reasons may apply here).

Instead of using shrink or decrypter for the "make a copy of a copy" process (they're usually not that good at it), try using a DVD copy application like the one found in nero, if you don't have nero try this free one.

Final burner free (look at the bottom of the page/site)
    http://www.protectedsoft.com/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  10. talkhard

talkhard Member

Ok, so I tried burning using just Nero from a disc I previously burned and Nero got to 97% read and it failed. The error stated
    Error Reading Data
    Reading Disc failed
    I used the feature on Nero called Copy disc. It seemed to be coping a chunk at a time to some kind of temp file and then I guess it would have burned it?
    Anyways, I am at a loss.

11. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

12. talkhard

talkhard Member

Yes, The book type to DV ROM box is checked but it's also grayed-out meaning I canot un-check it if I needed to. I am currently using Fujifilm DVD+R single layered discs

13. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

If it's grayed out, it most likely means that the burner does not support the feature.

Run Nero smart start, hover the mouse over the "backup" section/menu at the top and then over the "CopyDVD" icon in the main window, on the left side choose "nero express" from the drop down menu and click on the right arrow next to it to start the process. This will open up the CopyDVD application/icon using nero express, you should be able to follow/understand the process from this point, try chooseing a write speed of 4-6X to be safe.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  14. talkhard

talkhard Member

Thanks, I will try it. I tried copying a diiferent disc and ran it through DVD Decrypter and it did it's thing fine. Then I tried to open the file that decrypter created with Shrink to create the disc and this error came up:

Invalid data in file "C:\nameoffile\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB"

What could this mean?

15. talkhard

talkhard Member

SUCCESS!!!!!I have made a good copy!!! I downloaded and used DVD Fab Decrypter (not the express version) with Shrink and VIOLA!! A good copy. I did use the Fujifilm DVD+R and it burnt/played fine in all my dvd players! I am soooo releaved!
    Thank you guys(John) for ALL your help and great advice. I truly learned a lot during this episode. Firmware, + or -, booktype! Who knew! Sheesh!
    Thanks again,

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007