1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Cd Based games on DVD.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dosjohn, Aug 18, 2003.

1. dosjohn

dosjohn Member

How can i burn a original cd type game on a dvd media, i think i need some dvd check or something, can someone give me a hint on this?
    i'm know it's possible, i've seen some cd games on dvd, just couldn't figure how to do it, any help is appreciated, thx in advance.

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

sorry i dont know how to do it, but why would you want to? Isnt it cheaper and easier to put a cd based game onto a cd?

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Yeah, this makes no sense. Unless you're talking about putting multiple CD games onto a dvd or something????

oh, and as far as i know, you don't need a dvd check for cd-r games. i think their are two dvd check's that you use for two reasons. first if you're copying a downsized dvd game to a cd-r. and second if you are copying a dvd game that checks that it's a genuine game after the boot sequence.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I would love to know if you can put multiple cd games (with menu) on a DVD? That would be great. Anyone know about this?

Matt

5. lucas2003

lucas2003 Member

HI,

Having watched the forums for a while now and not being able to find an answer for myself, I too would like to know how to back up a PS cd on to a DVD, purley because my PS2 will only play a cd about 1 in 10 times but plays all dvd's.

Having made many coasters, I can only seem to get the PS2 browser to show the DVD but it will not play it.

I have tried simply transferring over the files and folders to no avail, and i dont know any other way so can any one help?

I'm using Yellow data write DVD's on a Pioneer 106 and my PS2 is Messiah 2 chipped.

Cheers