1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn DVD movie from slideshow

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rays, Jan 26, 2005.

1. rays

rays Member

I use Nero 6. I want to put photos and music on DVD. I can burn a vcd ok . How do I convert to DVD to play on my home DVD?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully you've got the full version.

Open Nero Vision Express -> choose make a slide show.

3. rays

rays Member

I can burn slideshow with music with out problem on cd and Play as VCD. Can I convert this onto DVD as movie or Slide show. When I try to burn onto DVD . The program seems to be burning(1 hr) at the end I get a message" Unable to create disk structure" burn process failed.Any help with this is appreciated. I can burn Dtat DVD fine

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

are you using the full retail version? Or software that came w/ your pc or burner (OEM) ?

5. rays

rays Member

I use the full version 6.6.

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Rays,

What version of Nero Vision Express do you have? You should have our lates NVE30127, if you do not, please upgrade to this first.

Just to make sure that you are selecting the correct process, launch Nero Vision Express directly from the StartSmart by expanding the window on the left and clicking on Nero Vision Express, or go to Start->All Programs->Nero->Nero Vision Express 3->NeroVision Express

When the program launches, go to Make Slide Show->DVD-Video

Now that we are sure you are in the correct window, go ahead and add your Pictures, audio, transitions, etc...then go forward till you get to the final burn window. At this point, instead of burning to DVD first, I want you to Write to the Hard Drive instead. Just so we do not waste any media, and so we can see if the problem is in the actual burn process or encoding.

If this completes succesfully, try and play it from the Hard Drive using Nero ShowTime. If it plays fine, use the Nero Expresss program and it's DVD-Video option to select the Video_TS folder and burn to DVD.

If this process fails, please provide a copy of the NVE log file from the failed write so we can see what is going on.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

7. rays

rays Member

will do thanks I will try and get back to you

8. rays

rays Member

I have nero express 3 version 3.0.1.18

9. rays

rays Member

I followed directions above.The slideshow wrote to hard drive. The files created were VTS_01_1 and Viedo_TS. The slideshow would not play in Nero show when I clicked Video_TS. The title slide flashed and that all that I saw. When I clicked VTS_01_1 the slideshow played with musci but no title slide. I am waiting before I burn another DVD.

Advise
    No_Posting_Emails@afterdawn.com ... Read the forum rules

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Did you upgrade to Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.27 from our website?

When you tried to play the contents on the Video_TS folder using Nero ShowTime, did you select 'Play from Folder', or 'Media Files'? If you selected 'Media Files', then your results are understandable. You need to select the option for 'Play from Folder'.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

11. rays

rays Member

I dont want to seem stupit but when I launch Nero showtime where do i find play from media files or play from folder. if I click on viedo_TS folder where I saved the file or Viedo-01_1. It launchs nero showetime and you click the play arrow.Advise Please. this should not be so dificult to play a DVD????

12. rays

rays Member

OK I found the select button. When I select from player the title page appears and that's it. The page stays on the screen after a click play. When I select play from media file. the title page clicks fast once and that's it. if I go to the folder where the show is saved and click the viedo_01_1 folder it plays without title page. If I click Viedo _TS the title page stays on and that's it

advise

13. rays

rays Member

I have version Nero showtime 2.0.0.18

14. rays

rays Member

I updated to 3.0.1.27 same result as above.

15. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

If you cant get nero to work you could get Ulead video studio i have used this to make many movies from photos. Plus it hase more options than nero does.

16. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Rays,

When you select the optoin to 'Play from Folder', and then select the Video_TS folder, it should bring up the Menu of the Project you created.

You then need to use the Mouse to click on any of the 'buttons' in your Menu to begin playing the contents associated with that button.

Does this work for you?

Regards

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA