1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn dvd-r disc

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Kudalman, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Kudalman

Kudalman Member

Hey

I have PS2 with chip- this chip reads burnt games as dvd-r format but my problem is that when I try to burn movie on dvd-r disc and try to play it at the PS2 it doesn't read the movie...

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

moved to relevant forum.

3. schweet

schweet Guest

Depending on what chip you have, sometimes you have to boot DVDs/Audio CDs etc. differently than when you boot a PS2 game.

Do a google on the name of your chip and find out what booting method to use.

Holding reset for 3 seconds seems to be the most common way of booting DVDs with most chips that don't autoboot everything.

4. Kudalman

Kudalman Member

I got a modbo chip, I don't know exactly what version but I guess it's not old because I did the chip before few weeks...

I checked in the net and it says that this chip reads all the formats, basically it right because it reads dvd-r games but somewhy not movies...

5. schweet

schweet Guest

Yeah you're right, it says on this site:

http://www.neoasic.com/modbo.htm

....that it auto-boots dvd movies. It also says that it has an on/off function so I'd try turning off the chip to play DVD movies (even though they should work anyway *shrug*).