1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn DVD-R with DVD+R?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dosbatch, Dec 26, 2004.

1. dosbatch

dosbatch Guest

hey all,
    I was wondering if this is why i am having a problem with burning my mpeg movies to a DVD-R. see at first my movies were AVI's so i converted them to Mpeg. they didnt burn so i had a new problem all over again....well i was just lloking at my cd/dvd burner and it said, DVD+ReWrightable on it...but my DVD's that i got from my aunt are a brand new 50 pack that are DVD-R's. So would having a DVD+R burner and DVD-R dvd's be my problem? thanx,

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep, without knowing your exact burner model, I would say you can only burn the + PLUS format only.Both +r and +rw's.

The other format is dash "-", most newer dvd burners can do both formats.

Those dvd's your aunt gave you are the wrong format.

One major thing you might want to look for you when get new media. Make sure it is a quality brand like maxell,tdk,sony,and fuji. You can have many problems with low quality media like memorex,store named, and generic names. This highquality media will save you a lot of time down the road: less coasters,less errors, better playability to play them on stand alone players. This is not just like cd burning where any disc you slap in it will work. Dvd recordable discs are a lot more complicated.

Just a few tips when you get your new media.

Good Luck

3. dosbatch

dosbatch Guest

ahhh ok, i'll go buy a 15 pack for about $20.thank u for answering my question!

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Chris, and Merry Christmas,

There's no reason to purchase 15 discs for $20.00 - Good quality doesn't have to cost much - Here's a link to purchase 25 Ritek RiData +R, 4X discs for $13.99 (Free shipping). Here is the product number - 104-013-025-fs. I've been using these for over 1 1/2 years and not a bad one in the bunch. That's saving $6.00 and getting 10 more discs - I usually buy them in the 100 pack to save even more (depends on your usage).

http://meritline.com/ritek-4x-dvd-plus-rw-dvdplusrw-blank-media-disc-discs-bulk.html

Enjoy there my friend, & Happy New Year,

Pete