1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn error....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ricks1, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ricks1

ricks1 Member

just recently (after many successful dvd burning) after my dvd shrink finishes encoding and opens nero to burn it gives an burn error "Relocation files failed". any idea why it does that? (I have Nero6.6.0.19d)

Also, I have not figured out how to directly burn a 2nd dvd without going through Encoding again. when I open the saved encoded file in DVD Shrink, it only gives an option to back it up (encode and create yet another file) and then burning it. I know there must be a faster way to just burn the first encoded file. Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Nero maybe complaining about the video file structure (the structure may not be dvd-video compliant), to try and correct this you could try processing the video files thru FixVTS then manually burn the corrected files to disk using Nero.

FixVTS
    http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/

In order to get a better idea of what's going on, you should post a Nero log.

nero6
    C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\nerohistory.log

nero 7
    C:\Programs\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nerohistory.log

If you want to make a second copy of the backup, you can use nero's CopyDVD app accessed thru Nero's smart start screen under backup.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007