1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Errors with Lite-on LH-20A1P...HELP!?!?!?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by kstepan50, Nov 30, 2007.

1. kstepan50

kstepan50 Member

All of a sudden I started getting burn errors with my Lite-on. It will burn until about 15-50% and sometimes 70-80% then get a failed burn. I have used DVDFab and Shrink with the same outcome.

I don't know if it is a bad drive or program. One problem i see is that my secondary burner is stuck in PIO mode. I have tried all the DMA resetters with nothing to show for it. Funny part is that when i had my Sony AW-G170A on the secondary burner spot (It was stuck in PIO mode) it burned fine, be it a bit fast, can't get it to burn under x16.

How can i check if it is the drive or the program

2. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

3. kstepan50

kstepan50 Member

Tried that one too, still nothing. ANy more suggestions. Any idea on the burn speed of the sony drive?

4. pernal

pernal Regular member

Is your firmware up to date? Some older ones can be buggie/not have the right MID for the media your using.
    Have you defragged/cleaned up your pc? Pc's can slow down with junk,malware,bots,viruses,etc.
    Are you doing something else while burnning; It can interfear/kill your burn if video,ram and processor are weak/slow.
    Burn On,
    Russell

5. kstepan50

kstepan50 Member

I don't do anything when burning. The firmware is the newest one. I defrag the HDD often.... Don't know what else to do. I think i will just replace it. My Sony burning at x16 is really annoying. Can't get as good of burns as the Lite-On. Any onther suggestions.

PS I cant figure out how to get the newest firmware. It is a Emprex/Sony AW-G170A-B2 with FW 1.71. The newest FW is 1.73 from what i found