1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn failed in Dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jordanwd, Jan 19, 2005.

1. jordanwd

jordanwd Member

I have the latest version of DVD shrink and Nero. Atleast 50% of the times when the burn process starts in shrink, before I get to 1% I get a red error that says "burn processed failed". As you can already tell I am new to this and I'm not too sharp anyway, to boot. I am using Maxell dvd+r, i will be switching to a different manufacturer. What I do now when i get that error, is I have to start all over and do the encoding process again which takes about 45 minutes and then try to burn it again. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Seeing that I already encoded it, once I get that burn error is there a way to skip the encoding process that I have already done and just try another blank DVD? Any help would be great. And I have already tried the DVD decrypter, Shrink, Nero process and it's no better. Thanks

Windows XP
    Athlon 2.8
    512 Ram
    H.P. dvd/cd writer

Jordan

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

We would need a Nero log to help of course.
    There should be a complete NeroHistory.log file in C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero

We don't need that entire log because it contains a record of all your burns, but just the very last part of that log which will have information about your last burn failure. Be sure to remove your serial number when you post that part of the log.

From the last
    ====== *** Nero-Burning Rom, History File *** ======
    Name
    1A23-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX [bold](serial number)[/bold]

Windows XP 5.1
    IA32

To
    Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

====== *** Nero-Burning Rom, History File *** ======

Yes you can burn the files from DVD Shrink again without going through the whole shrinking process.

Burning pre-authored DVD-Video using Nero.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

3. amso48

amso48 Guest

In DVD Deciptor you can go to Mode and use the file mode and not the ISO mode, to read it into your HD. Also try importing a psl file with protected file list in the pull down file menu before you read in the DVD. Try ISO or FILE types and see what works and then you can use DVD shrink on that file and it will automatically go back to DVD Decriptor and burn it for you. There are some good step by step instructions on this site. Look for fixes to copying Resident Evil. Also DVDXcopy is what I use 95% of the time and it is awesome, well worth what ever you have to give for it. Good luck

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

[bold]amso48[/bold]

READ THIS FIRST: Forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.

What the hell was that post all about???
    DVD Deciptor? Learn how to spell.
    PSL file? What do you know about psl files. Not much.
    Resident Evil? What does this have to do with this problem.
    DVDXcopy? What can I say about that loser.

This person is having a problem burning with Nero and doesn't need your off topic comments.

5. jordanwd

jordanwd Member

I can't seem to find the "History file" on Nero because I'm an IDIOT. But I was able to successfully burn 3 movies in a row using the advice of "burning pre-authored DVD video". I also tried DVD xcopy platinum three times and it would burn it at all. I'm done with Xcopy. I just made a copy of the RUSH concert in RIO and everything went fine but it was a fairly poor burn quality, there wasn't much I could omit when i went to re-author. Any way around stuff like that. Hey guys thanks a lot for your help.