1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Failed Problem... please help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by needhelp0, Apr 8, 2007.

1. needhelp0

needhelp0 Guest

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi needhelp0
    What brand of discs are you using? The log doesn't show them.
    Can't find much on firmware for this drive - you may have the latest but it's from 2004 so if you using 16x media may be hit or miss.

Direct burning: true
    Turn burn at once off. Let Nero stores the files temporarily then it will start burning.

Burn process failed at 2.4x
    Is this the fastest speed Nero will burn this discs at? If it is would point to the discs not being supported by the firmware.

File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS
    Nero and Roxio doesn't always play well. So you can try uninstalling Roxio and run the zap tool.

3. needhelp0

needhelp0 Guest

Hey Binkie,

The discs are HP DVD+R's 16x

I dont think that it is a problem with the drive itself or the discs because I have used both of them together to burn things before (just not using Nero). The program I orignally used was DVD X-Copy. Somehow, that program has been corrupted and I have resorted to using Nero instead.

I will do what you have suggested and let you know the outcomes. Thanks for your help!

4. needhelp0

needhelp0 Guest

Nope, none of those fixes seemed to do the trick. Same problem. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

-BTW the drive is an HP... or atleast it came standard built into my HP Pavilion a630n Desktop.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  5. binkie7

Ok - let's try another burning program and see how that goes.
    You can use ImgBurn.

Have Recode save to a hard drive folder instead of burning. Then open ImgBurn (free) and use the build mode to burn.

Or have recode save to the image recorder. This will create an image file (.nrg for Nero) that you can burn w/ ImgBurn in the write mode.

The drive in the HP is actually an NEC and couldn't find any newer firmware updates for it since 2004.

I would also try different discs too - HP uses different manufacturers and not all good so they can be hit or miss.

When you say DVDXCopy became corrupt - what happened?

Anything else change pc wise?
    Keeping up on the pc maintenance bit like disc defrag, cleanup, virus scans, registry cleaner? If you need a registry cleaner here's a good free one - ccleaner - use the issues and cleaner options.

6. needhelp0

needhelp0 Guest

Ok, that IMGBurn program worked. It copied all the files from the original DVD to a folder on the computer and from there, to the disc. The only problem is that now my personal DVD player does not read the disc. It works fine in my laptop or in my pc, but not on my TV. Is there a reason for this? I have used these exact discs before (Using DVD X-copy) and they have worked fine on my TV.

I dont know what the problem with X-copy is... When I try to open it, it gives me a "Program is Corrupt" error. I have tried uinstalling and reinstalling it and it still does not work. Weird... I know.

7. binkie7

Hmmm what was the burn speed you used? I think by default on set up ImgBurn is set to max. They may be why. Take it down.

There's a forum a aD for DVDXCopy that might be able to help with that problem though DVDXCopy can't do a lot of the newer movies.
    Here's a link.

What program are you using to remove the copy protection from Good Year?

8. needhelp0

needhelp0 Guest

The program I used to remove the copy protection is DVD Decrypter. The burn speed was max, your right... Ill give it a try on a slower setting.

Thanks for the forum link, I will check it out.

9. binkie7

Once you set the burn speed down - ImgBurn will keep it at that til you change it again.
    It's a good burning program.

Since decrypter is no longer updated add this to arsenal - DVDFab Decrypter (free) - link.
    It will rip the ones Decrypter can't do like the Sony's and Disney's.

edit - typo :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  10. needhelp0

needhelp0 Guest

Slower setting reburn worked! Awesome!

I downloaded DVD Fab as well.

Thanks for all your help binkie7!

11. binkie7

You're welcome needhelp0
    Happy Burning!