1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn failed

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hatchett, Jan 13, 2005.

1. hatchett

hatchett Member

I was tryin to make a backup of my hulk dvd, dvd shrink encoded ok, then got to 32% burning and failed, did it the same time 2nd time, the error was different the 2nd time. Any ideas?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

What was the error?
    Is the disc damaged in anyway and are your background programs disabled. And you do have enough room on your hard drive for these files?
    More info would be great.

3. hatchett

hatchett Member

Im using dvd shrink 3.2 with nero. It seems to copy directly from the dvd in E drive, it all went ok, and when i tried the backup dvd had a few minutes on it. I forget what the error read though ...

The dvd doesnt appear to have any scratches on it, although it is a DVD RW, And ive been using it a few times today, since i only bought the dvd writer (USB) earlier...

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

Perhaps try re-formatting your DVD-RW so that all previous data is errased.
    Burn at a slow speed such as 2 or 4x.
    Disable all background programs, such as virus scanners, firewalls and screensavers.
    See if that helps, and try and see what the error message says if it appears again.

5. hatchett

hatchett Member

ok il try that tommorow, its a bit late now. Since earlier i tried it on a dvd R, a "datawrite" one, this time it burned to 100%, but wouldnt play back on any of my players nor pc, but i hear datawrite is a poor brand of media ...?

6. hatchett

hatchett Member

I get the same problem at 2.4x, "burn failed at 2.4x" when it reaches 32%, with all background programs closed.

What could be wrong?

7. bardie

bardie Regular member

OK, well if it were me I would rip the movie again but this time I would use DVD Decrypter, latest version, and also have AnyDVD, version 4.1 or higher, running in the background as well. Then if you just want the movie and not all the other stuff, use DVD Shrink in re-author mode and just grab the main title and 5.1 sound.
    Then use your Nero to burn.
    Make saure also that target size in DVD Shrink is set to 4300, this stops some errors as well.
    Hope this helps.

8. hatchett

hatchett Member

Well i looked at the dvd i was trying to burn to and i noticed it said "memorex" and sure enough that was the problem, it works fine now with different media.

Thanks for the tips though bardie.

9. bardie

bardie Regular member

I'm annoyed with myself as one of the first questions I ask is what media are you using and had I known it was memorex then I would have suggested to try better ones and would have saved me rambling on with all the other stuff.
    My fault, but anyway hope you are ok now.