1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn GTA: San Andreas for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wheet, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Wheet

Wheet Guest

I was wondering, is it possible to burn GTA: San Andreas for PS2. I bought the slide card and Swap MAgic CD's and know how to use them, i have a DVD burner and DVD's "Memorex DVD+RW", and im going to download DVD Decrypter. with all of this i really can burn and play GTA:SA, right? and how? i have a certain clue and i think i know how to do it, but i'd rather someone with knowledge of this explain. and please if possible post a link to the best place to download DVD Decrypter, i found a site but maybe u know a better one. THANX!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

click on the software tab, and you will find dvd decrypter. all you have to do is click mode-iso-read to read the game to your hd, then mode-iso-write to burn to dvdr. Your ps2 will probably not read +RW discs though. You need to use +r or even better, -r.

3. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

4. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

whoops sorry, by the time i clicked reply, someone had already posted a message :p

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  5. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

I have a question, San Andreas is a dual layer formatted dvd (dvd+DL)
    so if you only have a single layer burner can you use software that converts it to single layer, I can do it for DVD video, but one of my programs takes the menus out of the dvd, and a game without menus, is as we'd called it is F*cked.
    BTW I have mac os x on a G5 and my other program, Fast DVD copy 3, has a PS2 burning function, which I have used to copy Deux Ex, but havent tried it yet, my flip top hasn't arrived.
    Does any one know if you can convert dual layer to single layer and have a fully functioning game?
    Thanks

6. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

Didn't know that San Andreas is a DVD9. If you have a dual-layer burner then you can burn it without any problems. I don't think you can shrink them like the way you do with DVD Videos. There might be a way to take out some of the FMV's.

The best thing that you can do is to keep your original copy safe. You [bold]DO[/bold] have the original copy, don't you? Otherwise this would be naughty and very illegal. Who would commit such a crime?! To make copies of games they don't even own. I mean...I would [bold]never[/bold] do such a thing. The guilt would kill me. >_O

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

gta san andreas is only single layer.

8. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

you can relax, I own the original copy, I have since it first
    came out, not long ago (I am in Australia). Maybe I am wrong,
    I put it in my computer and it said something like 4.2GB so It
    would be single layer, my brother said he read something
    about it being 2 layer, he must have read it wrong, or
    something,-I hope so because DL is hard to backup.
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  9. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

that was sarcasm. haha sorry i was just being stupid.

ok good, because i want to make a back up of "my own" copy of san andreas as well. i only have a single layer dvd burner as well.

10. Wheet

Wheet Guest

aight dude thanx!

11. deidenn

deidenn Member

i had problems burning gta:san andreas. my guess is it's a really big (4+ gb) game that it becomes really hard for the ps2 to read back-ups. i tried several times (with dvd decrypter, alcohol, nero) to no avail. i've backed-up a number of ps2 games and have not encountered any problems till this one. i mainly use memorex 4x dvd+r and some generic media for my back-ups and for hardware i use nec 1100a.
    i read and read forums and finally had a good copy of the game by just changing the brand of media i was using. i just purchased some verbatim dvd+r 5-pk and the back-up worked on my first try (with dvd decrypter 2.5x speed). for specifics, the media comes in a purple box, there's a 8x right in the middle of the box,'super azo' written on the right side, and some pictures printed on a disc. i hope this helps.

12. kgthatsme

kgthatsme Member

deidenn, how did you copy the game? I tried using nero to copy my original but it came up with an error after 10mins of copying to the hdd. Do you have a dual layer burner? My disk seems damaged because it recently stopped being able to load up the San Fierro area. I want to make a fresh copy that's easier for the PS2 to read but it wont copy to the PC.

13. Blanklinx

Blanklinx Member

yo i've never copied a game but i was wondering what the best software for copying ps2 games such as GTA:San Andreas and Soul Caliber 2. i tried copying them with clonyxxl and dvd-x copy but to no sucess so i was wondering if the games could even be copied

plz send answers to Legoman465@comcast.net
    thx

14. Wheet

Wheet Guest

Yeah i burned GTA SA! i used DVD Decrypter and Verbatim DVD-R media. It works perfectly! no laging of long loads as other people say, i have a V7 PS2. and used a sony DVD Burner. So if it doesn't work for someone, go out and buy a pack of Verbatim DVD-R. it worked on my first try.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2004
  15. Blanklinx

Blanklinx Member

hey thx, i just bought a new modchip and the procedure to attach it to my version 4 ps2 is difficult as wat i need to solder is very small. the soldering iron i have is too big and was wondering if anyone knew where to buy a smaller one.

16. Wheet

Wheet Guest

dude, just go to home depot or sumthing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  17. Blanklinx

Blanklinx Member

hey thx but i made my own tip but thx anyway

18. Dix_Fix

Dix_Fix Regular member

If you own a copy of San Andreas & when you try to back it up it does'nt work , then there is nothing illeagle with renting a copy from the video store & doing a copy.