1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn keeps failing!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pete872, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Pete872

Pete872 Member

Trying to copy from an already copied disc. The disc in question is one of the cheaper discs on the market but plays fine in the dvd player just when it comes to making a copy off it it's not having any of it! I've had that many coasters I could open up a coffee shop!!!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Pete.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what apps used?

3. Pete872

Pete872 Member

Hi I've tried running it through nero,dvd shink,one2one and dvd decrypter.

Pete.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have been here with bulcrap orange discs after 6 months they degrade = it sucks pants...

but i was going to say use dvd decrypter (ISO READ AND ISO WRITE method) but you have already?, but try useing read retries settings or ignore errors to skip a bad bit? and try useing other cracking methods in settings also (brute force etc)! or ignore errors to skip a bad bit?

also an app called isobuter can extract files in 4 different ways like raw etc! to get files off disc! if you get files off disc to your hard drive we can go from there on a winner!

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Standalone DVD players will skip over errors but your burner reads DVD videos as data discs and try to capture every byte. Your media is probably at fault, so my suggestion to you is use DVD Decrypter. Under Tools, Settings, click on I/O tab and set the software read/write errors to 0 and click 'Ignore Read Errors'. Rip to your hard drive first and play it for errors. If fine, burn to a DVD.

6. Pete872

Pete872 Member

Have tried the different tweaks with DVDdecripter without any luck, it's still failing.

It's definatly the shite media, Thankfully I use decent stuff now, this is a dvd I did a while back when I didnt know any better as regards to media.

What is this isobuter?

Cheers,

Pete.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

sorry mis splet it!

isobuster

it extracts many file types to your HD in 4 types of way!