1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn movie with out putting on hards drive

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nascards, Dec 9, 2004.

1. nascards

nascards Member

well I just built a new system and I have two dvd burners and was wondering what my best software was going to be to do an exact burn of write protected movies at this point I am using dvd shrink and dvd decry. and putting the movie onto my harddrive and then ripping the movie.donot want to do this if I donot have to. anyhelp appreaciated.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Burning on the fly as you want to do is not the best way to copy a dvd. It leaves too many chances for burn errors. If this is still the way you want to do it, you need either AnyDVD or DVD43 downloads. They are decrypters that run in the background and make a encrypted dvd look like a plain non-encrypted dvd. Because of how they work, any disc copy program will copy the dvd. Insert the original in one drive, select the second drive as the target drive with a blank in it and give it a try. Do not try to mulitask of surf the web while trying on the fly burning. It may or may not work right. Depends on how fast and how good your PC system is. Good luck.

Jerry

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Can't be done with films that need compression unless you have a DL burner ;)

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I guess I forgot to mention that. Thanks Nephilim.

Jerry

5. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Member

try any dvd and clone dvd and make sure the recording speed is set to 6x and use arita 8x+r media works a treat for me

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If you do burn on the fly, make sure the 2 dvdrws aren't on the same IDE.

7. nascards

nascards Member

I will try that! sorry havent gotton back sooner. building a system for my daughter for xmas. And have been chasin down UPS for the tower. man what a bad experience with zip zoom fly 1st and last order I place with them.