1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn mp3 files to a DVD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by murdog, Jul 21, 2015.

1. murdog

murdog Member

Is there a program that will burn mp3 audio files (itunes) to a DVD to play in a car?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

CD players do not have the laser to read DVD. Do you have a DVD player in your automobile?

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If you do a lot of mileage i'd recommend looking at getting a later stereo if yours hasn't got usb ports &/or a jack.Having all your music like i do on a thumb drive is bloody awesome far better than pissing around with discs

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Another point of view...

I actually prefer a CD player that reads common compressed audio files over any other source. Depending on the bit rate, you can get 6 - 10 hrs on a CD. BTW, there are plenty of autos, especially vans, that have a DVD reader instead of a CD reader.

I can switch CDs while driving because you only need a second to read the label. I usually have a few likely canidates on the top of a stack in my dash but I can go through the 25 CD stack in my dash by putting them on the passenger's seat and grabbing one and checking it out at eye level. My eyes never completely leave the road. I can't navigate a USB, well I find it much more difficult and more dangerous navigating a USB or an ipod. My tastes in music are vast and the weather or driving conditions can alter what I want to hear. I don't even care for DVDs that hold 50+ hrs of music. My mood never lasts that long. Each of my CDs is like a long play list. Between the 25 I keep in the dash and the 75 in the arm rest I have 800 hrs of music. That is plenty for me. The music never gets old. I do augment the music with audio books. Then bit rate doesn't matter so you can get 20+ hrs on a CD. 8 BR will successfully reproduce a human voice.